Applying for fiance visa while in Norway

Hi everyone!
Im currently in norway on a study visa (expiring in 3 months) and my fiance has just recently proposed. If I do not hear anything from udi after my study permit expires, can I legally stay in norway with my fiance while waiting? Please helppp i had done long distance with my fiance for more than a year so it'd really break my heart thinking that we have to separate again. Thanks :)

Best,
Molly

I feel your pain lady. My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years now and doing the long distance thing for around 9 since we were friends before hand.  I do know you can only have one visa at a time and I believe you have to apply for the fiancé visa from your home country if you are not a member of EEU. This is all very new to me as well and I hope to see other responses because I am curious too. I have a feeling my boyfriend will be doing the proposal on Christmas since he has stated before he wants to do it with his family around. Also caught him doing recognizance work in my jewelry box. 😂 I really hope that we can apply within the country because all my belongings are ready to be shipped I'm just waiting for us to have money saved up enough for me to go and be comfortable for a year without being a burden on anyone. I'm so done with 16 hour flights for a bit.

Honestly, I dont see why not bc by the time they process my case my current visa will be expired. I pretty much have all my stuff in Norway too and now im back home to pack more loll.

mos13 wrote:

Honestly, I dont see why not bc by the time they process my case my current visa will be expired. I pretty much have all my stuff in Norway too and now im back home to pack more loll.

You still have to be very careful when it comes to visas and overstaying. They can click their fingers and put you on a plane then you would be screwed. Not saying that happens often but it does.

Thanks for the advice. Im going to call the immigration office first before i do anything.