Getting desperate to find a nanny / babysitter for the summer

We are an American family arriving in Brussels on the 3rd of June and are seeking a nanny / babysitter for our children, ages 6 and 13. We are really struggling to find someone to fill the position. We are seeking a young person (ages 20-34) to spend time with our kids and teach them about life in Brussels, while going to parks, the pool, museums, etc. We really need someone for June in particular, and then in July our 6 year old will go to her primary school summer camp and our oldest daughter will require more of a tutor / older girl to look up to and learn from.

Does anyone know of any leads in this regard? We were hoping to fill the position at 30 hours a week for June and 15-20 hours in July and August.

Many thanks,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Try posting your request in the Facebook Group "Life in Brussels".
facebook.com/groups/297313127142971/

I m pretty sure there would be many interested takers for your request in Brussels as many people are always looking for some part time job anytime.

PS: In case the link is not approved, you have to search for the Facebook Group.

Good luck to you.

I have to ask foes the 13 year old have special needs as a typical 13year old is quite capable of being left unsupervised. 8 year old go to and from school here alone and are home after school alone so by 13 they have learned to be quite self sufficient and often by age 13 are earning money babysitting. I don't want to cause offence but unless the 13 year old has specific needs it might just be better to let them chill after the move.  There are stages for teenagers too if you want them to do something active. Studying should be off the agenda.

thank you, I will certainly post on that FB forum!

Schoolmum, that seems like a judgmental and unhelpful reply. I'm not asking for you to decide how my children should be cared for or feel comfortable over the summer. I'm looking for a nanny / babysitter, regardless of your view on what my children should be doing this summer.

Hey, smcd :)

You could place a FREE Advert in the Brussels Job section

Good luck in finding someone :top:

thank you for the idea!

I found a nanny in brussels for my son on this website: https://topnanny.be/fr

Good luck

This is something I actually do / have done in the past. Firstly finding a legal nanny in Belgium is pretty much impossible given the high wages and taxes needed. I was an employed nanny for 4 months for a family wages were over 10 euro a hour plus 40percent taxes Best to go down babysitter route. Most girls will be about 16 to 18. Some are older but rarer, You can try looking for a au pair who is between families also the bsit app may also help you find a babysitter who lives around. Good luck

Contacted via Private message.

Thanks,

Alejandra