Looking for Contractor that has INTEGRITY and HONESTY

Looking for contractor that has honesty, integrity and person that upholds their word. One that does excellent work with references. Prefer on in Bicol region to do finishing work on my home.

Please if you don't meet those qualifications don't contact me. I will want to see the last 5 homes you worked on and speak to the client you work for.

Hi Wayne 07,

You could perhaps get in touch with the recommended professionals in the Housing & building contractors in the Philippines section and see if anyone of them meets your requirements.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com

Me too looking for a professional as you stated but in Cagayan de Oro City. I have terrible experiences from the home made constructors without any sense of professionality. If someone knows about a good contstructor I would like to know more about him. Earlier I have used constructors from ads, but I really need an honest reply from someone who has good personal experience with that constructor. Thanks!
Ps: By the way I didn't find any constructor on the link  of " Housing & building contractors in the Philippines". When I clicked it I was put to a link of "Jobs in Philippines" but there was no constructor who work as bricklayer, plumber, electrician, painter etc. And there was no ad from Cagayan de Oro City.

Visit an upmarket subdivision and look around, the builders are usually too happy to show you their work. A good one will put you in a queue!

I am an expat from the US.  I owned a remodeling company and residential new construction company before I moved to the Philippines.  It would if you would explain where you are from and what type of construction you are used to.  If you are from the US like me you will be hard pressed to find someone who will meet the quality standards we expect in the US.  I have lived all over the Philippines, all the provinces in Southern Luzon, Manila, and Cebu.  I have never seen anyone even in the brand new high end condos or custom homes that even come close to the building standards we would expect in the US.  Unfortunately it will be hard pressed to find someone with integrity too.  If you hire a contractor they will look for to skimp on materials and in general won't understand what you are looking for to start with.  If you hire craftsmen and look to manage them, what you will find is they don't actually try to get things done.  In fact they will look to keep the job going as long as possible.  If you want some help I can try and help you out.  I am living and working in Cebu right now.  My wife is from Marinduque  which is close to Bicol and we possibly can get some help to you in Bicol which isn't too far.  If you can let me know what you are looking to do I can see what I can do to help you.

P.S. same goes for the the homeowner in Cagayan de Oro.

I have a general contractor that built my home in Davao.  Very close to US standards in terms of quality.  Honest & reliable.  Contact me if you want his info; I do have a couple of bits of advice for you.

But i live in Cagayan de Oro

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free promotion of your services is not allowed. You should drop an advert in the jobs section or add your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Is there any contractors in Marinduque that you can recommend.  My wife has some family there and we are going to visit later this week to see if we like it.  If we do we may start looking for lots.  Area would be around Santa Cruz.  Thanks. rainrider9

I suggest, consult to your architect. he/she guide you from pre design to hand over of your project.

Looking for the same in Paranque Manila.

RECOMMEND YOU HIRE A CREW FROM THE USA, AND PAY TO HAVE THEM COMPLETE YOUR HOUSE. I HAVE ONLY BEEN HERE A SHORT TIME, THIS TIME AROUND, AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED. STILL A CORUPT LITTLE BACKWARDS THINKING THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. I HAVE NOT SEE ONE PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY COMPLETE A JOB OR TASK, WITHOUT PROMPTING THEM. A HALF ASS JOB IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AND IF YOU QUESTION THEM, THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU A BALD FACE LIE, WHILE SMILING IN YOUR FACE, AND DEMANDING THE PAYMENT IN FULL. MY RECOMMENDATION, GO TO YOUTUBE AND LEARN HOW TO DO THE WORK YOURSELF.

Hi everyone,

@tomwynn, could you please avoid using caps lock on the forum.

Thank you

Chris
Expat.com

RA 4566 is very clear in its terms that all contractors in the country, irrespective of nationality, must first license before offering, accepting to do and/or carrying out, whether personally or through others, any construction work in the country. Sub- and Specialty contractors are specifically included. RA 4566 is a law that spans all construction activities in the country whether it is public or private sector and forms the foundation upon which the entire industry is built. It makes any contractor who for a price, commission, fee or wage, submits or attempts to submit a bid to construct, or contracts to or undertakes to construct, or assumes charge in a supervisory capacity of a construction work within the purview of RA 4566 without securing a license from PCAB to engage in the business of construction contracting in the Philippines guilty of an offense (for penalties see the following article –http://legitipines.com/blog/penalties-constructing-without-license/). PCAB licenses must be renewed annually and on or before 30 June.

Government procurement is regulated by RA 9184 (the Government Procurement Reform Act) and its IRR (as revised). Contractors wishing to partake are required to be in possession of a valid PCAB license as well as Government Registration (both assessed and issued by PCAB). Government Registration must be renewed every 3 years.

I have build my home. I used a foreman got me some skill workers and hired some laborers.

It took some time but I got it done. I would never use another contractor here. I am sure there are some honest ones but I never found one.

Had lot problems with the one I hired. Had to let him go after the roughing phase. I took over for finishing phase and completed the work.

Hi Steven can you explain to me a bit more about RA4566 and PCAB
this is some thing i will need to learn about, my house got Construct by
Builder, payed him in full, left my house in a mess, now I am going to Courts to sort it out

i agree. these are good laws, to protect the consumer, but, unfortunately the government does not have enough resources to properly enforce these laws. just like in america, several states still have laws about spitting on the sidewalk, but no one will every enfoce it. and missippissi (not  sure of the spelling) still has a law on the books that outlaws interacial marriage . so laws are only as good as the government has the resources to enforce them. so there are still thousands of illegal contractors out there that are doing shaddy work and still robbing honest people of their money. and even if you do find a legal contractor, you are still not assured of being taken for a manila ice cream truck ride to hell!!

http://legitipines.com/blog/pcab-licens … contracts/

Whats up T,  indeed a lot of bad contractors around us. but still if we are vigilant and see all track records, back ground checks before going to hire a contractor. Recently, President Duterte will not allow such illegal activities. Better deal with a licensed and registered engineers or architects we give 10 years liability as AMENDED Republic Act 545, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS AN ACT TO REGULATE THE PRACTICE of Professionals engineers/architects.

Hi Samang, I advise go to nearest DTI office and fill up a form for arbitration/mediation. Also try Online application thru DTI online Arbitration/Mediation.