Duty free after permanent residency..

Does anyone know the rules after receiving permanent residency? I have waited for on purpose to apply for this visa for when I retire in a few years despite being happily married to a Brazilian for two decades plus. I want to load a container of goods and a van rv vehicle and take advantage of the one-time duty free exclusion I have heard about..

i there
from england where i was living, so it might be diffrent from the USA
now if i remember right
To get the in-port free tax, duty free,. And your a brazilian, you must off been "outside" of Brazil for more then one year
your package or coutainer must land in brazil within 90 days of the arrivel of the person its being sent to

just one other thing,
you wont be able to bring any "motor vehicle" of any type unless you want to pay more in tax than the vehicle. is worth

We did this last year, my understanding is a returning Brazilian can get tax free when returning as long as goods are in port before the 6 month point after arriving back in Brazil. We brought 10,000 pounds...nothing with an engine (pay hefty taxes on those things). We had a company do door to door and it was fairly easy. Lots of documents though. Proving that the Brazilian did live abroad for more than two years (pay statements and bills addressed to the American home). Be prepared, they sued us saying we needed to pay for storage fees at the port because we didn't have the proper paperwork submitted in time...too bad we had an email from them stating it was all proper before the boat arrived. It was their own fault they didn't process the shipment in a timely manner (19 days).

Forget the Van unless you want to pay up to 100% if it's value and if it is more than 5 years old they won't allow it. Any thing that you want to bring you can duty free after you get permanency. You will have 6 months. Be advised many electronics  won't work the same here. It may be better to buy them in Brazil.

Jim

What would be the implications of bringing engine parts or motorbike parts?

Parts will be taxed too!