Other choices for moving to Puerto Vallarta

We are wondering about other choices for our move from Santa Fe, NM to PV. We have quotes from Allied and United Moving Companies. We are moving one room of furniture (living room), some paintings, tv/stereo, some kitchen things (a few dishes, pots and pans, utensils) and some boxes of summer clothes. The bids came in around $13,000!!
Are there other ways to do this more cheaply yet safely?
Thanks for your feedback.

hellorandy1 wrote:

We are wondering about other choices for our move from Santa Fe, NM to PV. We have quotes from Allied and United Moving Companies. We are moving one room of furniture (living room), some paintings, tv/stereo, some kitchen things (a few dishes, pots and pans, utensils) and some boxes of summer clothes. The bids came in around $13,000!!
Are there other ways to do this more cheaply yet safely?
Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I am not an expert and not sure if I did respond to another similar question. Unless these items you would like to bring to Mexico are of unestimitable value or rare items, I would suggest to sell in USA and buy in Mexico.

You could also rent or buy a trailer and bring these items...but be carefull if you have a permanent resident VISA because you cannot bring a foreign plated car. You could also look at shipping by FedEx but look at the Aduana asking questions and paperwork in Mexico

My wife and I are moving permanently to Mexico  (La Peñita de Jaltemba) and we are selling everything we have in Canada or we are giving them to the kids. We are travelling with 2 suitcases each (minor cost 35$ by additional piece of luggage and no question asked at the PV airport).

Adios y buena suerte para su proyecto, GyC.

thanks!