Looking for apartment

Hello ! I am a slovenian student, searching for a small apartment in Malta. Is here anyone from Slovenia, that can help me or is there anyone looking for a flatmate ? :) thanks

Hi Kaja.brankovic1,

Could you please drop an advert in the Housing in Malta section ?

You will surely get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Malta this week eeek. I've been looking at apartments on facebook groups and have spotted a couple that I like, but they're with different agents. Would it be crazy to view different apartments with multiple different agents? Would I be better off picking an agent and sticking with him/her?
What have you done?
Thanks in advance for your help =)

tworoadsdiverged wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Malta this week eeek. I've been looking at apartments on facebook groups and have spotted a couple that I like, but they're with different agents. Would it be crazy to view different apartments with multiple different agents? Would I be better off picking an agent and sticking with him/her?
What have you done?
Thanks in advance for your help =)

As mentioned on here many times the properties you see advertised are very rarely available, you need to go to the agents when over here, this subject has been covered on numerous occasions so it's advisable to read all the relevant posts.  Good luck.

Oh.
I have read the forum extensively over the past number of months. Others have suggested that apartments advertised on Facebook groups are usually available. That was very helpful advice which I have taken on board (as is evident from my previous post).
I certainly will be going to agents when I arrive (in 2 days time), which is what I'm currently trying to prepare for.
My question was about using multiple agents versus sticking with one agent and people's experiences on which option was better. I haven't seen that answered on here before but if there are helpful posts about it, please feel free to help out and point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I think the majority of people go to more than one agent.

Best if you see an agent, go in and see what they actually have, not whats in the window or online.
Tell them what and where you prefer and see what they have, and when they can show it to you. And then the next agent and so on. Get as many as you can fit in. Then there is FBook as stated before. We actually got ours through a FB agent but we did also view a few from Frank S. in Victoria and we saw about 12 in 2 days and we were sorted. The beauty of FBook is that you can advertise your requirements and let them come to you. There is a group dedicated to long lets on Gozo and probably one on Malta as well.
I might add that not all the properties an FBook are available, the one I'm in is still for let from last December... :)
Good luck

We used multiple agents, both on FB and in "real life", in the end we had to decide between two properties from two different agents and opted for the one who we found through FB, because the location of the property was better for us...
I'd actually say DON'T just use one agent! (We had one - through FB - who only showed us horrible properties...)

Best of luck finding something nice!

Thanks for your reply guys, it's reassuring to get some insight from people who have already been through it. We arrived yesterday and started looking today with a few different agents (organised online and in person). We expected there to be a little more choice in our price range so we're struggling at the moment to even find properties to view. I guess that's just the market at the moment! Hopefully we'll get sorted soon anyway. Thanks again for being so helpful :)

Not the best time of year to look as many properties are let as short holiday lets and the prices are higher.

Hi all read a lot of posts here planning on moving to Malta in the near future no rush in my case what's the best time to secure a long term let. Also any good agents because I work away a lot I will not have time to do huge amounts of house hunting. Will have a few weekends/ weeks over the next 3 months if anyone has any agents or places I should avoid.

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

NeverSimple wrote:

Hi all read a lot of posts here planning on moving to Malta in the near future no rush in my case what's the best time to secure a long term let. Also any good agents because I work away a lot I will not have time to do huge amounts of house hunting. Will have a few weekends/ weeks over the next 3 months if anyone has any agents or places I should avoid.

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

You need to be here to look at property and as mentioned on numerous occasions do not take a lot of notice of agents adverts as majority of places will not be available, please read all previous posts on this subject, good luck.

Hi thanks Mo. That is the plan at the end of this project I am coming to Malta for a recon see how the land lies, I am not planning to move over that soon and not looking at properties yet No point in renting a property to leave empty and not live in.

So far I have been Speaking to Frank Salt and they have been helpful can you recommend any other agents.

Does anyone know a good accountant.

Thanks in advance

The first two properties we rented were with Frank Salt in Gozo who at the time we were happy with,where we are now we did not use an agent.

Thanks I will keep my ear to the ground for private lets