How to make friends in Saigon

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Saigon :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Saigon??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi:

My name is Frank and I live in New Jersey.  I want to learn more about living in Vietnam.  I have been told that there are americans there the teach english and I could do it there also. I did tutor in a learning center for a year after I retired from AT&T Bell Labs/Lucent Technology.  Unfortunately, I am not a certified teacher but could work on that later.  I was stationed in Bien Hoa in 1969-1970 repairing radios while in the USAF.  It has been 40 years but do have some familiarity with the country.  I'm sure there are alot of things a person has to be aware of when considering moving there, hope you can help me out.

Thank you;

Frank

Hi!
I am KIm and living in Vietnam, welcome to Vietnam again!
Now our country is more beautiful, i think you can easily to find the work as English teacher!
You can contact me anytime, ngan_ag at yahoo dot com i will help you if you have any requirements! Chees! Kim

Hi, my name is Hao
Now i'm living at Ho Chi Minh city
I am Vietnamese so if you have any trouble in Vietnam ( Ho Chi Minh city), you can contact with me

[email protected]

Hi, I'm Vietnamese guy, open mind. I would like to make friend, we can co-operation business etc...
my email: [email protected]

I am in a meetup group, we're always getting together, having fun and checking out all that Saigon has to offer.

If your keen to make friends this definately the way to go!

:D

hey cheeha,

a meetup group sounds like fun. where and when is your next meeting place?

cheers flo

Hey Flo,

The group meets a couple of times a week. You can find out all the details at meetup.com/Under-39s-Saigon

May see you soon then :)

and why not organize Expat.com meet ups with members of our forum ? such meet ups get organize all over the world now and receive more and more success everywhere!

hi, im heshan, from sri lanka. ive been living in other places for the last 4 years now, and in saigon for almost 3 months. ive already met some people thru this site, n would love to meet some more. please message me if u like :)

Hi all,
I am Maniraj from Malaysia, new to HCMC,
where I can meet u guys?

A bunch of us are going for a feed at the Ben Thanh Nite Markets on Sept 16.

Message me for more details.

Hello guy, I'm Trang from HCM City
But I'm spending most of my time for learning English now. HOwever, My English is not really good. So, I wanna meet new people to improve resource of languges together, and in the other hand i wanna know more about new cultures
My Yahoo ID is tmt4788. I hope we will make friend1

Hello Mr.huy!

You should post an advert under Saigon classifieds, category- classes- sports,yoga,tai chi.

Good luck!
Sheetul

I also want to make friends to visit some cool places. Can anybody help me to find out.

hi kapilinblue,
u can msg me....

Hi fellows,

a few friends and I organize a barhopping event this friday. send me a message here or under saigon.barhopping at gmail.com (also on fb)

hope to see some of you!

@FeeAcer: I hope that`s now okay and theres no reason to remove this post.

I forgot to mention at my last post, that the barhopping is regulary on Friday...

cya yhe day after tomorrow

I'll be doing a teacher training course this month... joined the meetup group and barhopping

hello everyone :D

My name is Thanh. I am living in Sai Gon. Im happy to help anyone who expatriate in Sai Gon. If you have any problems about food, culture ...do not hesitate to contact me
my yahoo ID: chococandy89
;) welcome to Sai Gon and have good trip in there

i am pleased to be your friend here :)

Vietnamese are friendly, hospitable and easy to be friend with! Just smile or say hi and they'll definitely come talk to you!

Hallo guys...I am new to SG too..Hope to make friends here :)

Hi Baby Jane, by SG did you mean Saigon or Singapore?

Kenny

Hi all, Vietnamese always friendly and close with the nice guy.
we can take this chance to make friends and enjoy life to have much fun.
Nice to get new friends!!!! :)

Hi, is anyone out there in Electronics, Education, and Health care business? Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

@ Kenny - I mean "Sai Gon"
@ David - Ok..let's see :)

hey i am in saigon for one week so , i search some people to get out or do some sports, contact me .
i am vietnamese guy who speak french and viet too.

(moderated: off topic)

Hello everybody
I'm Quyen. I'm an agency. I living in HCMC.
I would like to make friend with every body. [Moderated]

Vietnam citizens are like many other peoples around the world. We are friendly and trust-worthy. The things you need is to take advantage of chances as much as possible :)

hi friends. I am Nhung, nice to meet you. Guys who want to make friends, contact me
Yahoo ID: kinyom_korea
phone number: 01665552285

Hi guys,

I'm new in Vietnam and would like to meet new friends.  I'm a coffee addict so anyone interested in catching up for a coffee let me know.

Big Nam wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new in Vietnam and would like to meet new friends.  I'm a coffee addict so anyone interested in catching up for a coffee let me know.

Hey coffee addict sound interesting =) I love coffee too

Hi people

I'm a guy from Melbourne, Australia that is going to be in Saigon from 17th May - 24th May.  I'm looking for anyone that has a couple of days free they could show me around places that an ordinary traveller wouldn't find.  I'd also like to head to Dalat and down the Mekong Delta if you're interested, but haven't booked anything yet.

I'm looking for anyone who can speak English and Viet and in return I'll happily show you around if you come to Melbourne.

If you're interested, send me a private message.

Thanks,
Rob

Welcome on board Rob :)

thanks, i've just spent two weeks in china and it's finally good to see some blue sky

hi, i am Vietnamese
I want to make friend anybody, if you have difficult when you living in Vietnam, you can contact with me by yahoo : [email protected]
or phone : 0976846843
(My name Vương ,24 age, engineer mechatronics )

Hi Cheeha,
My name is Earl, thinking about coming to Vietnam (Saigon) in 2012. I'm retired and have lots of time. I would like to get to know the city....especially the historical sites, language (conversation, museums, temples, Vietnamese sports and entertainment. I would like to stay in touch. Thanks Much.

cheeha wrote:

I am in a meetup group, we're always getting together, having fun and checking out all that Saigon has to offer.

Thanks for the quick turn around. I'll do my home work and be it touch if there are more ?'s.

earl.taylor wrote:

Hi Cheeha,
My name is Earl, thinking about coming to Vietnam (Saigon) in 2012. I'm retired and have lots of time. I would like to get to know the city....especially the historical sites, language (conversation, museums, temples, Vietnamese sports and entertainment. I would like to stay in touch. Thanks Much.

cheeha wrote:

Closed