Close thread

I requesting the elimination of the News about the economy and it has been temporarily hidden awaiting a ruling by moderators.

Reason: it was a news related thread and some people used it for bigotry and to get other people mad. I saw not only me but other 4 get in arguments with the guy.

I have also requested a temporary ban on the guy and I may seek a permanent ban if we continue having issues.

Thanks for the likes on this action. I try not to act but I have to sometimes.

I've noticed the entire tone of of some of these threads have changed and it was becoming painful to witness.  It was probably needed.

Yea it just went south.

I studied other forums and seen some different approaches of the advisors that run them and their level of detail with their responses. I am longwinded need to cut it down some and need be more to the point. I also need to be less tolerant.

Even though I've been here a short while, I think you're doing a fantastic job. It is your level of detail that gives us newcomers the kind of information we need to help us feel at ease and to make informed decisions.  I have learned a lot here and check the forum almost every day.

I remove myself for responding anymore because I was getting too hot under the collar. We are here to help each other's with respect.

I also think you're doing an excellent job Rey.

Thanks guys.
About 5 people were getting annoyed including me, I was the first that stopped responding.

All points of view are always good but I guess there was too much of an edge here.

Is not what one says is how one says it. 3 non-natives and 2 natives were annoyed and those where the ones that spoke, who knows how many others said nothing and were turned off.

But his profile will be working again tomorrow, lets see how he behaves and if he does not then a permanent ban will likely occur.

i think evereybody was here to help. Unfortunately, I don't think he really wanted help, but rather affirmation of his opinions.

Hi everyone,

The thread is back on the forum.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=642906

Some posts have been removed though.

All the best,
Bhavna

- Closing this thread -

Closed