DVR capabilities?

Hi there- Move this summer is in the works! As we are setting up the technology for our apartment in Punta Cana, I have one question. Is there any DVR capabilities here? The cable doesn't appear to offer it like I am accustomed. Just asked at Best Buy in US and they said they don't even sell TiVo anymore because is part of TV service. Sounds silly but after so manu years of watching shows when I want, I can't imagine life wo a DVR. Lol. Does anyone use this technology here? How? thanks

Greetings. Give this company a call or write to them, they are the largest cable provider in Punta Cana. Silver Cable.     http://www.silvercablenet.com/contacto.php   Claro provides Satellite TV, They might also be of help.

You can also get DISH network here with DVR.

Bob K

If you are not interested in a cable service with a dvr you might consider Sling TV.  It's on demand viewing through your internet and offers packages in the DR with some English channels.  In the states because I get network stations over the air I have Sling for shows that I would have watched on cable and a Tablo DVR purchased at Walmart for recording network shows.  It works through internet also.  Good deal for me because I already paid for internet.