Making deposit to a US bank account

I am a student from US (I'm originally from Korea and a Korean citizen) and I am doing internship in Hong Kong. The company reimbursed my flights and my housing expenses in cash (USD) and it seems like there is no way I can deposit it to my US bank account. Does anyone know what I can do? It makes me nervous to have this amount of cash with me while I'm traveling. I'll be going to Vietnam after this with the same company and stay there for four weeks as well.

So my question is, is there a way I can deposit the USD to my bank account in the US while I am in HK (I use BOA and my dad has US citi bank account but citi bank hk would not make deposit to citi bank US account unless I have an account in hk) or at least exchange it to check so I can make a deposit when I go back to the US?

Hi. Do you have a local bank account? Most banks offer multi-currency accounts; you should have the possibility to open a USD sub-account and cash-in your money there for free. You can then do whatever you want with the money (withdraw it when you are back from Vietnam, transfer to your parents etc.)

Oh I wasn't clear in my original post sorry. My internship here in Hong Kong is only 4 weeks also and I was already here for more than two week. I don't have any plan to come back to hong kong in the near future. I will go directly to Korea from Vietnam and then to the US. Do you think I can still open a bank account while I am here for that short?

I don't think it is worth opening an account just for that.
You can certainly wire the money to your parents at a counter (eg using western union) or give it to a trusted third party (anybody you know at your ex-employer?) to cash in. Ideally an American person with an account in the US who would be interested to keep the cash and wire the money to your account.