Naturalisation and citizenship in Djibouti

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Djibouti? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Djibouti? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Djiboutian citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

CITIZENSHIP: Citizenship is based on Law No.200/AN/81 of October 24, 1981. Those who were citizens before June 27, 1977, retain their citizenship.
BY BIRTH: Birth within the territory of Djibouti does not automatically confer citizenship. The exception is a child born to unknown parents.
BY DESCENT: Child whose father is a citizen of Djibouti, regardless of the child's country of birth. Child born in Djibouti, of a Djibouti mother and an unknown father.
REGISTRATION: Foreign national, who marries a citizen of Djibouti, may apply for citizenship after two years of marriage.
BY NATURALIZATION: Djibouti citizenship may be acquired upon the fulfillment of the following condition: Person must have resided in the country for at least 10 years.

Dear Nabil,
Thank you for a detailed reply.

Do You have idea about import of cars in Djibouti. Does Djibouti allow import of right hand drive cars. Is there any limit on the life of cars to be imported (I mean any limit regarding the year below which the cars are not allowed there)

Hi,

i am looking also to get Djibouti nationality if you have got any idea please share it with me. thanks