Naturalisation and citizenship in Canada

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Canada? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Canada? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Canadian citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Canada? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Canada? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Canadian citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

The Requirements for Acquiring Citizenship in Canada depends on many factors. But generally if you are a permanent resident and have lived in Canada consequently for 3 years then you can apply for citizenship.

Canada accepts dual citizenship so you can maintain multiple citizenships with Canadian Citizenship.

The benefits include you can apply for federal jobs. With Canadian passport visa free travel to many continents etc.

www.cic.gc.ca

Hello, visit www.cic.gc.ca and you will have all the info you need

I would like to live in Canada you know I love Canada b'coz the Canada is a very peaceful country and too beautiful so like to live Canada. I can't come from here because very difficult to go there but I'm trying to go Canada.