Naturalisation and citizenship in Azerbaijan

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Azerbaijan? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Azerbaijan? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Azerbaijani citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

i lived in Baku from 1998 till 2011Dec. there was no problem for visa , i had a Azerbaijan registered company ,paying pension fund, road fund, tax fund etc etc but in 2011 when I applied for visa they gave me 6months visa . which realy made me me crazy and i shifted to Malaysia closing my office and releasing 4staff members . so Azerbaijan i cannot say a reliable place to make a home.i bought 2houses but all in Azeris names . so i think better try places like Georgia.

Well getting Azerbaijan citizen is not that easy you have to come here on work visa and you have to get your temporary permit which is for 2 years and then after two years you have to apply for permanent residence permit and after five years you can apply for citizenship but you have to renounce your current citizenship and you have to speak and write fluent Azerbaijan and they will check and then if you are lucky enough you'll get your citizenship I hope this answers your  question

You have to marry Azeri guy for easy citizen ship i believe.

Fahad_2889 wrote:

Well getting Azerbaijan citizen is not that easy you have to come here on work visa and you have to get your temporary permit which is for 2 years and then after two years you have to apply for permanent residence permit and after five years you can apply for citizenship but you have to renounce your current citizenship and you have to speak and write fluent Azerbaijan and they will check and then if you are lucky enough you'll get your citizenship I hope this answers your  question

Is it necessary to apply for Citizenship ? Can I extend and stay on the Permanent Residency visa ?

What are the requirements for Investment Based Temporary Residency visa ? What Documents are required ? Medical tests required ? etc

Thank you

I am coming to Baku for small business, Its good choice for me, can I earn enough for my family if i will open small shop of garments or small restaurant?
any one here experienced man who will inform me

A Quora post well explains about citizenship application.
What is the fastest way of becoming a citizen of the Azerbaijan Republic?