Bringing or buying white goods into Portugal

Hi.
I am moving to the Algarve Peter this year. I will need a fridge freezer,a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
I have heard they are a lot more expensive in Portugal than the UK.  Are there any second hand shops where I can buy them, are they good value? Alternatively are they worth buying in the UK and bringing them over.
What are the best value shops in Portugal to compare?
Kind regards
DAVID

Hi David

Welcome to Expat.com :)

When you move over are you moving over on a long-term plan? Will you be moving a lot of your personal goods over? I.e hiring a removal company to bring your goods over?

If you are, you could consider bringing the white goods with you. But in saying that they have to be packed very well for the journey and should anything break on the way and makes them unusable you have all the trouble of sorting it out.

Do you have a place already lined up to live (renting/bought) If you are renting many dwellings already have these goods in the property?

Hi.
Thanks for your  reply.
We have bought a villa and we intend to stay long term. We will be renting our house out in the UK and depending on what we leave behind will determine what we will need in Portugal.
Kr David

Here is some information for to look at - https://www.angloinfo.com/algarve/direc … iances-226