Cost of living for a family of 4 mom dad on 15yr old and one 12 yr old

We are considering a move to cabrera.  We would rent for a year before making a final decision.  It seems that the cost of living forums on the dr are all over the place.  I am looking for cost of schooling for our 12 year old  my 15yr old would do online.  I would want to get descent insurance for all of us, basic cost of groceries (we would eat local, not worried about captain crunch). Maybe basic cell phone plans for 4  and internet cost.  I am not to worried about entertainment cost.  I am sure there are things I am missing and there are 500 questions I have, but this is a start.  We would not be making the move to live like kings, just basic  simple life and integrate into both the local and expat community.  I am looking for a realistic budget to go by.

With your situation and not living like kings but comfortably and securely you are probably looking a budget of $3000 a month or so.  Rent, food, education, transportation, electricity will be your biggest budget items.

Bob K

Wow Bob that much in Cabrera?  Somehow I thought Cabrera was more rural and less expensive. I would expect that budget in Sosua or Cabarete.

I just dont know enough about Cabrera.

Once you get into the better housing market there the price goes up.  And services are just as expensive there

Bob K

You can live on considerably less than that in Cabrera, but it depends on accommodations.  There are apartments to be rented for really cheap...and then mega-mansions...that I'm thinking aren't in the equation for a family of 4 on a budget.  I know a couple and a family with 3 kids who live on 1500-1800 per month.  But, you will need transportation too...