How to make friends in Seoul

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Seoul :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Seoul??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I just found a great new website called meetup.com and it has tons of groups who meet for different activities.  It's cool.  I haven't met anyone yet, as I just signed up tonight, but hey, it has potential.

In case you want to read about it, I wrote about meetup.com on my blog: http://vanessayrogers.blogspot.com/2010/02/meet-up.html
and here is the post about the event we attended.
http://vanessayrogers.blogspot.com/2010 … -year.html

or alternatively you can go to seoulfriendfinder.com and you can find lotsa seoul friends.

We are planning to organize afterwork happy hours around Kangnam - Yeoksam area pretty soon, we are building a mailing list, anyone interested can contact me.

Thank you

PS: We are looking for THE right place : cozy, lounge and stylish, any idea ?

Join J.I.F - Johnny's International Friendship Group in Seoul on Facebook.
facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=131564747805

Join Seoul Hiking Group to make friends while hiking on Facebook.
facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=85178645485

and there are many others which you can find on facebook.

Conversation Exchange is also great if you are looking for Korean language exchange partners. It seems there is no shortage of Korean people keen to make friends with foreigners - be ready for about one hundred email responses from uber keen Koreans studying English.

Hello,

I'm a business owner of a global telecommunications company that is endorsed by Donald Trump in the United States and I would like to invite you all to be my guest at our free informational seminar to be held in Seoul on May 31st. This will be a great event to network and make lots of new friends and be the first to get free information of a new company that is aboutt to enter South Korea.

I am only looking for only a few key leaders in Korea to share this opportunity with and you could be one of them. If you have a good work ethic, are coachable, have a strong desire for success then this is for you.

If you are willing to be a part of the pre-launch activities of a global telecommunications that is about to enter South Korea this July, then please respond back to me ASAP with your name and e-mail address and I will make a reservation invitation for you to attend the informational seminar to be held in Seoul on May 31st. Please inform me of how many of your guest will be in attendance and their names.

Best Regards,

Fernando
[email protected]

Hi Fernando ! You should post in the Seoul classifieds > community section.

Thank you!

hi...i am a korean guy

i want to meet frineds from abroad.

would u give me e-mail  or MSN ?

[email protected]

Just as you do as usual.
Aunes Oversettelser AS

I would like to meet mature expats living in Seoul.  I am young at heart 46 year old, but most young expats like to go clubbing or spend time at the bars.  I would like to meet expats of any age really who like to go to museums, theatre productions, wine tastings, lectures or anything cultural.  I live in Bundang also and getting to Seoul can be time consuming.  Any mature or uh, cultured expats out this way?

Hi Lilith63, welcome to Expat.com!
Maybe I could suggest you to start creating Expat.com events/meet ups with a particular theme (on a monthly basis for example) ?
Such meet-ups start to be organized in various countries on the website and receive more and more success!

I would suggest taking a korean language course. It is great to learn korean, and thats where I have met most of my foreign friends. No, that's a lie haha I have met them in Clubs.

there are many forigners at club mass, club answer in gangnam, clubs around Hongdae and EVERYWHERE in Itaewon. (I never go to itaewon...)

good luck~~

noonablog.com

Hi there,

Thnaks for posting interesting article.

If there is a meeting for cultural events please let me know.
I am an expat who like hiking, museums and cultural things.

Thanks.

Ken

Lilith63 wrote:

I would like to meet mature expats living in Seoul.  I am young at heart 46 year old, but most young expats like to go clubbing or spend time at the bars.  I would like to meet expats of any age really who like to go to museums, theatre productions, wine tastings, lectures or anything cultural.  I live in Bundang also and getting to Seoul can be time consuming.  Any mature or uh, cultured expats out this way?

So what about places outside of Seoul?? I just moved to Bundang and am not having the greatest luck finding english speakers here

Hi nikkiej05,

You can join meetup.com/bucheon/

Cheers,

Ken

There are always plenty of activities in Seoul. Don't be afraid to participate. I met some of my favorite expats during the Seoul Zombie Walk. There was also a Santa Crawl. Last weekend there was a belly dancing party. There is always something happening on a Saturday night. Don't waste your weekend drinking in a hof.

I just wrote a nice, long article about this on my blog:

sheiscapricious. wordpress.com

Check it out! :)

A great way to meet new people in Seoul is Seoul Pub Crawl.

Hello!

I am a Korean-Brit (lived in London all my life) and going to be visitng Seoul next week for two weeks. I'll be staying in Bundang too!

Send me a message if you fancy meeting for a drink!

Hi Mini1234,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that this thread here is a bit old .... I invite you to start a new topic with all your questions on the Seoul Forum for better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien