Obtaining a Northern Rhodesian (Zambian) Birth Certificate

Hi if you find anything out about getting a copy of your birth certificate please let me know cos I’m in the same boat as you many thanks Norman

Hi there. Please can you assist with their email and phone number please. i am trying to get a volt copy of birth certifcate. Thank you

Hi Everyone

I am trying to get a copy of my mom birth certificate.

She was born near Livingston in 1952.

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

To all the above posters. You need to get hold of the Registrar General of Births, Deaths and Marriages. I recently had to get my birth certificate legalised for use in Europe. I went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Lusaka who were very friendly and helpful. So just presevere.

Applicants must go the Registrar-General to obtain a birth certificate. Request may be made to obtain the full form or the shortened form of the birth certificate.

An Affidavit must be prepared by a member of the applicant's family having knowledge of the birth, if a Birth Certificate was not issued at birth, but a Hospital Record of Birth or Baptismal Certificate was obtained. The Affidavit must be sworn before an officer authorized to administer oaths. The Hospital or Baptismal Certificate must be attached to the Affidavit, and submitted to the Registrar General to request for the issuance of the late birth certificate.

Office Locations & Contacts
Registrar General of Births, Deaths & Marriages

P.O. Box 32311

Lusaka, Zambia

Tel: (00260-211) 228197

Fax : (00260-211) 221128

Please give me contact details, i also need my birth certificate from Northern Rhodesia
Thanks

Office Locations & Contacts
Registrar General of Births, Deaths & Marriages

P.O. Box 32311

Lusaka, Zambia

Tel: (00260-211) 228197

Fax : (00260-211) 221128

Hi did you come right before I waste my time and money?

Replying to Jade - yes I did come right