Obtaining a Northern Rhodesian (Zambian) Birth Certificate

Hi if you find anything out about getting a copy of your birth certificate please let me know cos I'm in the same boat as you many thanks Norman

Hi there. Please can you assist with their email and phone number please. i am trying to get a volt copy of birth certifcate. Thank you

Hi Everyone

I am trying to get a copy of my mom birth certificate.

She was born near Livingston in 1952.

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

To all the above posters. You need to get hold of the Registrar General of Births, Deaths and Marriages. I recently had to get my birth certificate legalised for use in Europe. I went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Lusaka who were very friendly and helpful. So just presevere.

Applicants must go the Registrar-General to obtain a birth certificate. Request may be made to obtain the full form or the shortened form of the birth certificate.

An Affidavit must be prepared by a member of the applicant's family having knowledge of the birth, if a Birth Certificate was not issued at birth, but a Hospital Record of Birth or Baptismal Certificate was obtained. The Affidavit must be sworn before an officer authorized to administer oaths. The Hospital or Baptismal Certificate must be attached to the Affidavit, and submitted to the Registrar General to request for the issuance of the late birth certificate.

Office Locations & Contacts
Registrar General of Births, Deaths & Marriages

P.O. Box 32311

Lusaka, Zambia

Tel: (00260-211) 228197

Fax : (00260-211) 221128

Please give me contact details, i also need my birth certificate from Northern Rhodesia
Thanks

Office Locations & Contacts
Registrar General of Births, Deaths & Marriages

P.O. Box 32311

Lusaka, Zambia

Tel: (00260-211) 228197

Fax : (00260-211) 221128

Hi did you come right before I waste my time and money?

Replying to Jade - yes I did come right

Did you receive it?

Great, thank you for the info!

Who did you obtain your birth certificate from Kate?

Did you manage to get it? If so where from. Please send me the phone, e-mail & physical address.

Thanks
Lorna

Hi there,
I was wondering if you could share an email address of the Karen that helped you obtain a birth certificate from northern Rhodesia.
Thanks you.
Heiko

My mum misplaced my birth certificate and I need a replacement duplicate original copy! Bit urgent as I can't legally mrry my partner in his country without it 🥺 have t seen him for a whole year. 🥺🥺please help me with phone numbers names and email adds. I live in the uk.

I could put you in touch with the lady who got mine for me. A really lovely and totally honest woman who works at the Zambian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Lusaka. She has to go to the department of Births, Marriages and Deaths to get it. I paid her for her time, petrol costs, the cost of the certificate itself and for the DHL courier fees to the UK. She organised it all. I can really recommend her

🌹🌿♥️HOW NICE THAT THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE..IF I MAY ASK,,WHO IS THE LADY THAT HELPED YOU...as my father Guy Leonard Monckton died in ZAMBIA,..( FORT ROSEBERRY in the 60s) of which I never met. I to would like to get his death certificate.
I'll be very gratefull
Your sincerely
Philip Monckton.UK

Hi Philip

Her name is Angela Nshimbi and her phone number is  260 97 7725333. Tell her Nic suggested you call her. I will warn her that you may call

🌿🌹👍THANK YOU VERY MUCH..SO KIND OF YOU..MY [email protected]
Regards
Philip.

I sent Angela a message so she is expecting you will call her. Good luck

Hi there
I need to get a copy of my birth certificate from Zambia.
I was born in Mufulira, Northern Rhodesia in 1949.
Do you still have a contact number and/or email address as I'm having no luck trawling through the sites I can find on line?
Would really appreciate your help.
Many thanks
Malcolm Watson

I was born in Chingola in 1954. I would suggest the lady who got mine for me. A really lovely and totally honest woman who works at the Zambian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Lusaka. She has to go to the department of Births, Marriages and Deaths to get it. I paid her for her time, petrol costs, the cost of the certificate itself and for the DHL courier fees to the UK. She organised it all. I can really recommend her. Her name is ***. The Births and Deaths department asked for details of my parents birth as well as copies of their passports. I am not sure if that would always be a requirement

Regards Nic

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : thanks to communicate these information in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for the info. I've contacted her and will hopefully have a clearer picture next week.

That's great. I tried for almost a year to get my birth certificate via the supposed official channels with no luck. I actually went to Zambia and met with Angela who is a lovey lady and totally honest in my experience. Anyway good luck and I will be interested in a follow up with what you decide to do

Regards Nic

Hi Nic
I can't thank you enough for putting me on to Angela.  I contacted her on Thursday last week and by midday yesterday (Tuesday) she'd whatsapped me a pic of my birth certificate!  It is now with DHL en route to me in South Africa.  The total cost was ZAR2 500 which I transferred to Angela via Western Union.
Once again, thanks so much for your advice and recommendation.
Warm regards
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

I am happy to hear it all worked out for you. Angela is truly an angel in disguise helping us to sort this out in what would otherwise be very difficult circumstances

Regards Nic

Good morning, please can you share Angela's contact details.  It sounds like she's been a huge help.  I am looking for the vault copy of my husbands mother, she was born in Mufulira in 1945.  We have a photocopy but need a vault copy. Many thanks, in advance.

I was born in Kitwe in and  have misplaced my birth certificate and baptism certificate and need to replace them can anyone assist me?

HI Please could you furnish me with Angela's detail's as I am in the same predicament I have misplaced both my baptism and birth certificate and would like to obtain an unabridged copy. I was born in Kitwe in 1954
Thank you
Sandra

Hi Sandra unfortunately Angela has said she no longer wishes to do this. You could try one of the law firms like Muyatwa in Lusaka who have an immigration practice. If they cannot help they should be able to tell you who can. It is merely a matter of going to the department who deals in births and deaths. It costs about 1000 Kwacha for a copy. They requested copies of the passports of both my parents as part of the process. A very reliable guy is Simon Kaitano. His contact number +263 775 824 555. He is based in Harare in Zimbabwe but may have some Lusaka contacts. You can contact him via WhatsApp. Good luck!

Hi - I have a Northern Rhodesian birth certificate but need to have the document legalised for France - does anyone know how I do this as Notaries in London can only legalise British documents?

Yes you have to have it legalised by the French Embassy in Lusaka. Zambia is not a signatory to The Hague Apostille convention so the Embassy in Lusaka will stamp and sign the birth certificate. My suggestion is call them first to establish the full procedure

Great thank you so much!

@KatEvans HI Kat. I hope you are well. I'm trying to get my mom's birth certificate. Please could you let me know how you got yours sorted out. Looking forward tonhearing from you. Shaughn

@DTBH HI there. I hope you are well.ease can you give me the details for the register of births at Lusaka Town hall. I was not able to locate them on their website. Looking forward to hearing from you. Shaughn

@Cam23Taylor Good day Cam, I trust that you are doing well.

I came across your post and Im in a similar situation.

I would like to find out if you received any contact details that proved successful in achieving documents?

Kind regards

Vanessa Duckworth

@KatEvans good day Kat, I trust that you are doing well.

I came across your post and Im in a similar situation.

I would like to find out what were the contact details that you received that proved successful?

Kind regards

Vanessa Duckworth

@KallanPhillips good day Kallen, I trust that you are doing well.

I just came across your post and Im in a similar situation.

I would like to find out whether you had received contact details that proved successful in obtaining the documents?

Kind regards

Vanessa Duckworth

Hello Vanessa,

Welcome on board !

I am not sure that you will get a response from these members. The thread seems quite old.

Consider opening your own thread on the Ontario forum whilst posting your questions so that active members may provide some guidance.

All the best

Bhavna

@elizecj

Hi

did you get you birth certificate from Kumal

@KatEvans hi Kat I hope you are still using this site! I am trying to help my father get hold of my grandfather's birth certificate from Zambia he was born in northern Rhodesia in 1933, I see you had luck could possible give me a hand trying to get hold of it, sadly my grandfather passed on and my dad is trying to obtain it