Just saying Hello

Hello all,
I assist in the Puerto Rico Forum and wanted to stop by and say hello to Planner and the rest of the members. As a sister island, the Dominican Republic is of interest to me, however I never been there and plan to visit one day, maybe in a couple of years.

For now you may see me from time to time reading or doing some light participation in DR forum.

I assume all I need is my passport to come visit for a week or so?
Thanks
Rey

Officially welcome.
Yes you just need your passport.  I would not however take the ferry from San Juan to Santo Domingo :D:D:D  They seem to have operator problems.  Maybe the captain has a Dominican Driver's license :D:D:D

Bob K

Hahahahahaha Bob i saw that on the news.

Welcome and ask questions and please participate.

All you need is a passport!!!

Thanks guys. Nice to talk with you folks. You are also from Canada Bob?

Bob is American Rey.....

Bob K wrote:

Officially welcome.
Yes you just need your passport.  I would not however take the ferry from San Juan to Santo Domingo :D:D:D  They seem to have operator problems.  Maybe the captain has a Dominican Driver's license :D:D:D

Bob K

Believe me in PR they buy their driver licenses in Walmart or just drive with a suspended one. Driving 35 miles an hour on the left lane of a 3 lane road when the speed limit is 65, drives you up a wall if you get behind him, while everyone else is zigzagging the lanes to get by. Right turn from the left lane and left turn from the right lane are all too common. Driving against the traffic to pass all the cars stopped at the red light then cutting across them and making a right turn is unforgettable.

Yes I am from Colorado in the US.

Sounds pretty much the a same as far as driver's go.  No laws or rules are enforced on a regular basis.  Now if they would just put lights on the motos and cars for night driving.

Bob K