Work permit processing time for application from Canada

I have applied for a work permit from Canada, I received a notice on January 24 that my application was being processed.  I am still waiting for an answer.  Does anyone from Canada experienced such long delay to get their work permit?  I tried to call UDI for some answer but they tell me little other than it should be soon, but they tell me that since March.

How long does it take to get a work permit from India. I got an email from UDI mentioning that they received my application and it will take up to 4 weeks for a decision. It has been 4 weeks and I haven't received any message from the UDI. It would be helpful if someone throws light on the work permit processing time.

Thank You,
Kavya

Hello Sheon,

Hope you are doing well.  I'm also in the same boat. Did you receive an answer from the UDI yet. It is mentioned in their website that it takes 4 weeks to reach a decision. But, I'm doubtful that it may extend longer.

Thanks,
Kavya

I finally received a positive answer after 4 months only to learn that my employer didn't need me anymore so I am now trying to find a new job before going there.

Oh that sucks. Did they email you about the delay. It is so frustrating.  Also could you please tell me the kind of job you  have applied for?

They didn't contact me about the delay, I had to contact them to have a status but they were not telling me much about why the delay. I contacted them once a month to see what going on and the answer was pretty much always that it was coming soon without any details.  I applied on a database developer job.

That is awful  and they charge exorbitant visa fee.Hope you will find something soon.