Changing School and Region

Hi,

I'm currently in Italy with my 1-year student visa which will expire on September 15. I'm here for art studies, taking private courses, trying to get into the Academy of Fine Arts.
Unfortunately, I just found out couple pf weeks ago that MIUR will not accept my GED high school diploma. The only way I could get into the Fine Arts 3-year degree program IS with a “diploma di maturita” obtained from a high school here in Italy.

So, I have contacted several high schools in Italy that offer evening courses for adults, and they all said that once I have the transcripts to get them legally translated, scan them and email them to them. They will then make an evaluation and perhaps offer me an accelerated program to get this high school art diploma. This diploma will guarantee me admission to any academy of fine arts. The corse is 23h every week x school year. I should be able to get my diploma in 1-2 years (it depends on how many of my credits the schools will take in consideration*)

My question is:
The new schools that I'm interested are NOT located in Florence. One is in Vicenza, one in Padova (Veneto Region). The new school starts exactly on the same day that my visa expires (Sept. 15). Can I request a permesso di soggiorno renewal in the new city where I will be living? Or, do I need to go back to the United States before my visa expires and request a new student visa?

Hello.

I am in a similar situation right now as I intend to transfer school in a new city. My permesso will expire in March 2020.  I know that this post was still in 2017; but I'm wondering what was your course of action back in 2017. May I ask if you went back to the US to request for a new student visa? Or just applied for a renewal in the new city?

Your answer will be much appreciated. Thank you.