Shopping in Accra

Hello Everyone

I am doing a study about consumption in Ghana and more specifically in Accra. I will for this purpose go to the country next week (i can't wait!) . If you have some time to share information about the way you shop in Accra, which shops and brands you like, I will be very happy to get some insight!

You could either tell me more through the forum or we could directly meet in Accra!

Have a great day

Carine

hi CarineZl,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Enjoy your visit to Accra and I hope you manage to find all the information you're looking for.

Best of luck

shoprite ?

it is indeed one of the shops i am planning to visit.
are you currently living in accra?
would you be interested to share your experience as a consumer? :)

Hi,I go to that supermarket many times,but the goods there aren't seem right for me ,nothing to buy ,Lol

hello,
I go to shoprite sometimes, i have someone deliver fresh produce in my home sometimes, i shop at the local markets sometimes and past 2mths started growing my own (lettuce, cucumber, etc). The reason growing my own is because i am a fun of biological produce and most of the veggies are not biological over here. Contact me for more info when youŽre in town.  You may even have a free dinner with me at home if youŽre up to it :-)

with regards,
Nancy

Hello Nancy!

Great to have your experience! I just arrived in Accra! I can't wait to see the city and get to know it! I will organize some "focus groups" and am looking for 8 to 10 people to participate, to discuss altogether and share their experience as consumers. Would you be interested in joining??

And nancy, dinner would be lovely !!!

See you soon hopefully

carine

by the way, Could you send me your mail/tel so i can reach you more easily??

Be sure to bring an umbrella, I beleive rainy season has just stared!

There is Double 7, Koala <-- thats where i go to :) hope this helped x

Hi nancy, I am new in ghana would you give me more details on the person that can deliver fresh produce to my house....I am looking for fresh veg and fruit to be delivered...traffic is bad in ghana and some stuff in the shop is not very fresh..

There is an accra expat group on Facebook and I think there is a farm of some kind in Aburi that delivers veg boxes to Accra on a regular basis. Also there is a vegetable grower behind the cane weavers that are opposite the Australian High Commission and he picks what you want.

Also you can contact [email protected] as he has an organic farm and a market in Labone at weekends. He will send you a list of the items he has available and bring them to Labone.

Tx for the reply..one last. Question do you know anyone that I can hire for a day or to that can help me with odd and end around house like hanging up curtain rail, hanging of pictures, hanging of blinds? My husband unfortunately is working full day and weekends so if I can get someone that knows what / how to do the above it would be greatly appreciate .

Many tx marna