New friends and weekend travel buddies

Hi everyone, I just accepted a job in Riyadh, and will be moving there in 3 weeks..
I'm an engineer and currently live in Miami (USA).. (you probably think I'm crazy from moving from Miami to Riyadh, haha.. but hard to turn down the job offer that I was given)

It's a BIG change, so definitely meeting/making some friends to hangout with on the weekends will be key on me adapting in Riyadh..

Travel buddies also wanted, as I love to travel.. (weekend trips to Dubai, Egypt, Dammam, etc)

Hey ,I also just shifted to Riyadh.I am in .

karanveer wrote:

How's Riyadh treating you so far.?
I officially move to Riyadh next week, so definitely looking to meet/make some new friends to hangout and do things on the weekends..

It is great, great people and great food. Yes it is a big change ,some times you may get bored ,but networking is the key.Looking forward to see you soon :)

U r welcome in Riyadh..

Im in.. i love to travel also. If you want, we can play sports if you're into..

Thank you Talalzz :)

Romello wrote:
karanveer wrote:

How's Riyadh treating you so far.?
I officially move to Riyadh next week, so definitely looking to meet/make some new friends to hangout and do things on the weekends..

Welcome to the Land of Sand!

Well, for starters, Ramadan is about to begin by Friday so if you are not aware. Ramadan = Fasting. So there is no tea, no coffee or water and even restaurant to serve food. Better get some packed lunch and eat in the pantry or canteen where no one who is fasting sees you. It is somewhat disrespectful for some while others doesnt care at all, as long as you are not muslim.

Most of westerners i encountered, they prefer Jeddah or Damman because it's by the sea.

If you are keen for some coffee, just hit my inbox.

yea, the whole fasting during the day for Ramadan will definitely be an issue me, but I'm sure that i will figure something out..

Romello wrote:

yea, the whole fasting during the day for Ramadan will definitely be an issue me, but I'm sure that i will figure something out..

From sunrise til sunset, you cant eat at any restaurant but starting 3pm or maybe 4pm some are opened for orders only not for dine in. So you can order some foods and try not to eat it at the restaurant. I remember ordering fruit juice with a friend and because hes so thirsty he take one  zip of the juice and that was around 3-4pm. Almost everyone stare at him to remind him that its Ramadan. Good thing, no mutawa around otherwise he might have suffered from slap to right and left cheek! :lol:

seeker of truth wrote:

Almost everyone stare at him to remind him that its Ramadan. Good thing, no mutawa around otherwise he might have suffered from slap to right and left cheek! :lol:

hahaha..
I will be working at a Saudi company, so I'm sure they will be strict about it, so I'll have to sneak into the bathroom or something for a quick snack or drink..

Romello wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:

Almost everyone stare at him to remind him that its Ramadan. Good thing, no mutawa around otherwise he might have suffered from slap to right and left cheek! :lol:

hahaha..
I will be working at a Saudi company, so I'm sure they will be strict about it, so I'll have to sneak into the bathroom or something for a quick snack or drink..

:lol:  Well, that will do!  :D

Which company are you going to work with? And which field engineering are you practicing if you don't mind?

Welcome to Saudi Arabia. I hope you are having a great time In Riyadh