Can I teach english in turkey?

Hello I am from lebanon. I am not a native english speaker or majored in english literature but my english and accent are very good. Can I still teach english in turkish schools? Not necessary public schools..

i think (not sure) you need TEFL and TESOL certificates.

Maria, it would be very difficult to find an English teaching job since most language schools prefer native english speakers.

Many language schools are wising-up to the fact that there are excellent English teachers who learned to speak English as a "second language", whom actually have a larger vocabulary base, and despite their slight accentuation on the vowel pronunciations, actually speak more "discernibly-clear" English, than do many of the so-called NES genre.

So, if you've got your Oral Mechanics of English Consonants "pronunciation" skills intact, then you are qualified to teach Conversational English at any language center.

Hello , yes you can be a english teacher. Please send your Cv with your photo to *** .If we think positive we will write you an e-mail . Thank you.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello we are looking for a english teacher. It iş kindergarden school. Not necessary to be a native, just very well conversation and speaking, enough

Hello.
Am a Nigerian living in Istanbul.I would like to teach English inot Istanbul.

Thank you for the "Contact" invitation, that we have accepted. However, you'll need turn your Personal Message board to "ON" , so that we may communicate together, via that medium, instead of this public forum platform. Ok?  :cheers:

faji wrote:

Hello.
Am a Nigerian living in Istanbul.I would like to teach English inot Istanbul.

Really? :cool:

FloraAnaokulu wrote:

Hello we are looking for a english teacher. It iş kindergarden school. Not necessary to be a native, just very well conversation and speaking, enough

Hello I am Izabelita  from Brasil and I speak a nice English besides loving children.

I'm going to Istanbul on june 21st and will stay for 3 months there
So I am interested on this job, and could stay more if I get a new visa

Thanks

apply at any language institute ,ie, English time, Amerikan Kutur . Istanbul has many choices. If you have a BA and or CELTA or a TEFL certificate, you are more valuable. Also private schools may hire you if you have BA . Good luck

How can I keep in touch with you? I am a non-native English teacher

To whom are you referring?  :)

Thanks for replying, merickson702 ! I'm referring to FloraAnaokulu . Is it a private school?

Izabelita wrote:
FloraAnaokulu wrote:

Hello I am Izabelita  from Brasil and I speak a nice English besides loving children.

I'm going to Istanbul on june 21st and will stay for 3 months there
So I am interested on this job, and could stay more if I get a new visa

Thanks

You can't work with a touristic visa.

To work, you must find a job before to come working in Turkey, but as non-native, it will be very hard to find an English language teacher job.

FloraAnaokulu: How can I contact you?

Hello,

I need to make English practise

Murat

I can help you Murat
I'm Izabel from Brasil.
Going Istanbul next weekend and stay 2 months there

I will be on Istanbul on July 23rd .
Send me a message here please.

Hello Izabelita,

It'is nice to hear that you are coming to Istanbul. Indeed, I want to learn Portuguese and at the same time English practice. So you can be a nice chance for me.

I don't know, why you visit Turkey and where will you stay, in Istanbul or in another city? But if I have a chance to meet with you it can be perfect.

We import products from Portugal and need to know simple Portuguese. I live and work in Istanbul.

Warm Regards
Murat

What a nice opportunity for you to learn a basic English and Portuguese!

I am at this time in Şişli
Do you have whatsapp to a quick contact ?

Hi Izabelita,

That's very nice that you are in Istanbul. Please find my mobile phone below for whatsup. This will be a good opportunity to study with you both English and Portuguese.

Warm Regards
Murat

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security