Moving to KL...Where do I live?!

Hi there

I am moving to KL this August (from an international school in Brunei, so I'm not unfamiliar with ex-pat living)to work at an international school in Equine Park. I am interested to find out where a good place would be to live. I don't want too long a drive to work and want to be close to the city too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't know anyone in KL!!!

Thanks

Jen

Welcome to Expat-blog Jen :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Kuala Lampur forum for effective networking. I hope that other members will advise of some good areas as per your criteria you cited above.

Regards

Hi Jen

I too am moving to KL in August to work at the same school in Equine park. I am moving with my husband. We are thinking of living close to the school rather than the city centre but who knows what we will actually end up doing.

I have found this website usful when looking at places to rent

iproperty.com.my/rental

Hope it helps a bit.

Penny

I think it'll be a little far if you were to live in KL city centre. Best to live closer to the school seeing that you'll be spending most of your days there.
Unfortunately I can't advise on the area as I'm not too familiar with it.
(Defo a distance from town though, not too sure if there are trains going that way too!)

Lots of nice places around the mines...Gita Bayu (houses and town houses in a lovely gated community...woodlands and lakes, but I hear they have a mosi problem), Heritage if you are after condos. I'm not familiar with further out towards Equine park. My husband drives out to The Mines each morning, and from Midvalley it only takes 15 minutes because the traffic is going the other way. If you want to be in the centre of things and are willing to have a car, you might not find the drive out too bad....i wouldn't rely on trains though...packed and unreliable!
Good luck!

Hi there,

I would suggest Taman Desa (near Mid Valley), as it's just outside the heart of the city, yet near the highway to Equine Park. Plus, when you travel to Equine Park, you will be travelling opposite traffic, so you can get to your workplace in about 30 mins, and get to the City Centre in 10 mins.

Hope this helps! I used to live there and I love that place due to its convenient location and peaceful surroundings.

Cheers!

jd01129 wrote:

Hi there

I am moving to KL this August (from an international school in Brunei, so I'm not unfamiliar with ex-pat living)to work at an international school in Equine Park. I am interested to find out where a good place would be to live. I don't want too long a drive to work and want to be close to the city too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't know anyone in KL!!!

Thanks

Jen

Hello Jen,

Since u r going to Equine Park Int. School, i suggest u to stay in equine park. its 20 mins drive to Bandar Utama damansara, 30 drives to KLCC

Equine Park is in Selangor, the state surrounding KL.

One option is to stay at Cyberjaya which is a growing township close to Equine Park which caters mainly to IT professionals and university students. There are many options to stay there.

Travel to KL by train is very convenient if you take the KLIA Transit from the Putrajaya Sentral station which is close to both Equine Park and Cyberjaya. It is comfortable, not packed, on time and much faster than driving.

You can email me at [email protected] if you have more questions, or just post them here.

Thomas (working in Cyberjaya and staying in Puchong which is further than Equine Park)

[Moderated+Off topic: Please post on Classifieds]

jd01129 wrote:

Hi there

Thanks

Jen

Hi Jen,
The area you are going to work in Taman Equine have many houses for rent, be it a terrace house or a flat. You can easily identify a house for rent by the posters with contact numbers hang outside the house for rent. The cost varies by size, look of the properties, location, furnish or empty and many other factors. You can get a good view from a house rented on the hill tops nearby(it's a hilly area).There are many place for shopping here, from shoplots by the road to Jusco and the new Giant shopping centre to keep you busy.There's even a big wet market there with a cheaper price if you don't mind the wet and slightly dirty surrounding. It's a nice area with good facilities but a little too crowded and getting even busier by the day. No LRT or commuter train lines pass these area yet but maybe possible in the future looking by it's population density. If you have a car, you can get by easily because LDP highway passes near this area. Not too far from KL city centre, Subang Jaya, Putra Jaya, Puchong(all places with big malls) and easy access to KLIA as well.Hope this info could help you have a better idea at the area you going to live in. Enjoy your stay in Malaysia.
Regards

Hi Jen,

I'd recommend you D'Melor condo Cyberjaya. It's about 2700-4500 (MYR) per month depending on the size. I have a condo there but it's taken up by a wonderful Korean family who's really happy there. It's safe, quiet and very near to Equine Park. It's next to the main highways so you're 30-40 mins away from the cities. I also have furniture  if you'd like to buy. I stored them up after i moved out from D'Melor as i will be leaving to Germany by end of this year. Check out the web for details on the place.

[moderated: no free ads - by the way, you should post in the classifieds section]

jd01129 wrote:

Hi there

Thanks

Jen

Hi I'm moving to KL in August to teach as well! I've met one other teacher outside my school via TES and know a few people in KL from before. There are expat events (expatkl) as well as just networking! If you join this site just pm me

I would say bukit tunku mate,its a really nice secluded area but at the same time only like 10-15mins from KLCC :),

Hi Jen,

Welcome to Malaysia! :)

I have a new place (house) looking for a good family to rent out about 8 mintues off Equine Park. Its a securedly guarded housing area with fencing perimeters and its only 1 minute away from the children`s playground.

Do buzz me if you'`re interested! :)

Cheers!