Where can I purchase manure for garden?

I think the compost I purchased is lacking nitrogen. It's a very "woody" compost, almost like mulch. My plants aren't growing like they should be. I built a 10x4 raised bed because we have clay soil.

Does anyone know where I can buy manuer to amend the compost?

Thanks,
Rich

Have you checked for a dairy farm Orr meat farm around you?

Local agro center will be able to ordered for you. Or you can ask around the neighbors who have a cow pasture and ask if you can collect some.

May one the dryones,  :D

Good idea. We do have an agro store down the street.

We do have cows down the street. I'll check into that.

I just realized I spelled manure wrong, not once but twice.

richvide0 wrote:

I just realized I spelled manure wrong, not once but twice.

It stinks regardless how you spell it. It was easy to figure it out based on context.

They have decent-good compost at Gramaslindas in Dorado, they sell it by the truck load or sq meter. There are wood chips (you can't escape it here) but they use a 1/2 inch screen so it's the best you are going to get without paying insane prices. For manure, try calling Agricultores del Centro Unido in Utuado. I used to have a number for a guy in Hatillo, but can't find it, if I do I will post back.

Just as a side note, there are farms that bag prepared manure but with so many young farmers starting up in the last few years, that supply is mostly spoken for.

Excellent info Karen. Thanks.

Ok, found this in my bookmarks, here's a list of all of the agriculture extensions by town. Sorry couldn't find the Hatillo number, I think I threw that info out awhile ago, wish I hadn't.

Btw, It might be better to go into your extension office during business hours to collect as much info as possible. They have community programs from time to time, free plants, seeds, classes, etc. Also chicken manure is going to easier to find than steer manure. I am told the spanish word for chicken manure is gallinaza, (same word for chicken coop) somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck and I hope you have a lot of success with your garden.

Chicken manure is too acidic, you will have to mix it. Rabbit and cow manure will be better for a garden.

You can try for Sandra Farms for compost requirement, friend's recommendation!!!