Jasaan, Mindanao.

Hello,

I'm an Swedish kinda young guy planning to travel north east of Cagayan De Oro to a village called Jasaan.
Frankly i've no idea how the situation and safety is in those parts of the Philippines are, i do have a lot friends even native friends saying that Mindanao is a big No No.

But after reading both good and bad news it seems like CDO is a relatively safe place compared to other locations in the Philippines. That's why i wanted to know if there are someone with experience of visiting or even living in jasaan that are willing to share their knowledge. CDO for that matter.

Regards,
Henrik J

Hi Henrik!

I am a Norwegian citizen and have my house in Cagayan de Oro for many years. I have farmlands in outer Aplaya that is a part of Jasaan. Jasaan is comparatively very safe compared to many big cities in Philippines. But still you need to take your precautions as being a white foreigner, you may be asked to pay more money for travelling in taxi etc. Just be careful and vigilant. Any how Jasaan may be the most safe place in Misamis Oriental. By the way when are you travelling there?