Moving there

Hi All,
I have lived in China for a long time and I have heard that Vietnam offers a similar lifestyle. If I move to Da Nang is the ex-pat community very supportive. I do not want to pay tourist prices for anything. As I do not know anyone there is there anyone who could meet me when I arrive?
Kind regards
Duncan

Go on line and get a hotel.  The airport is in the city so the fare will he around 100,000  dong ($5). Plenty of expats.  Try The Village bar on the beach.  You should be able to meet expats there.  You can also go to Danang Hoi An Expats on Facebook.  Cheers.

Thanks Gary, maybe see you there soon.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please make your offer in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Is it centrally located? How much? Any bond? What ages?    I am an academic, soon retired, looking for a peaceful life. Traveled around the world all of my life. I now want to settle down.

There is a plethora of apartments and houses available from $300 per month up. Come and stay in a hotel and looK around.  Hotels are from $15 per night up.  Plan on learning to ride a motorbike.  It is really the only viable means of transportation.  Just come and look.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please make your offer in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Not in Da Nang, but thinking of moving there. I don't think I would fit in with a house full of people younger than my own kids!! Thanks for your reply. Maybe we will meet if I move over there.  Kind regards Duncan.