NEW TO QATAR!

Greetings/Salaam:

My wife and I moved to Qatar nearly a month ago, and I just wanted to share my initial observations thus far...

1. It's really sunny here, but I suppose that goes without saying.
2. Nothing is better than a casual walk along the Corniche.
3. West Bay is a great meeting place for fellow expats, especially the hotels.
4. Contrary to popular belief, you can find alcohol in Qatar.
5. I'm currently using mobeefree to call home (Nepal and USA), my wife uses it to phone her family in India, and we both agree that it's one of the cheapest options available.
6. [Moderated] is also another great resource for travel advice/tips.
7. Spinney's, at The Mall Doha, is a great store to purchase Western products from.

Welcome on board kathmandude ;)

Thanks for sharing your views! May be you can also tell us about your hobbies.

Regards

Thanks for the post.  A few questions:

1.  Can i get an iphone at spineys?
2. where can you get mobeefree cards?  I have never seen, just actionvoip and rynga?

Sure.  I like to exercise, read, travel, and of course, spend quality time with the wife.

If anybody could also recommend a great place to enjoy any of these things, please post a reply.  I'm open to any suggestion.

1. Can i get an iphone at spineys? 

No, they sell groceries.

2. where can you get mobeefree cards?  I have never seen, just actionvoip and rynga? 

You can buy calling cards (coupons as they call them) from a mobeefree agent in your area.  You must register for an account in order to find one.  I've used actionvoip before switching to mobeefree, and though they are better known, mobeefree has the better rates and call quality.

FYI, here's a link to mobeefree's sign up page:
mobeefree.com/get-mobeefree

cool thank u

where can i get an iphone in qatar?