Does a rent contract make you liable to income tax in Italy?

I currently live in Italy and have a fiscal code, which I've used to rent an apartment with a registered contract. My question is: does this make me liable to pay income tax in Italy? (My income is fully foreign-earned).

According to http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/wo … ex_en.htm, you need to pay tax in Italy if "you are in the Population Registry as having lived there for at least 183 consecutive days over a 12-month period or your life is centred there". So I guess the question boils down to: does the Italian government add you to its "Population Registry" after you get a codice fiscale or rent contract?

If you pay tax to your own country, you are not expected to pay twice. You would just need to have evidence. For example, I am from the uk and a pensioner and I am taxed by the uk government. I have no choice with this currently, Brexit may bring changes with this.
I am not sure about tax rules outside the eu. Another type of tax you will have to pay is to have your bins emptied, but you do not pay house tax as it is not your home, you do not own it.
I would not worry too much, or put yourself in the spotlight, just have your tax documents to hand should the guardia di finanzia visit you.

I would say that you need to pay income taxes only if you have a stable residenceship in this country and have a revenue to support your stay to repay for the services you receive ,