Can a Business visa be converted into work visa ?

I have received a job offer from a consultant in Saudi.He is offering me Job in Riyadh bank.
He is asking me to come on Business visa first and then he will get it converted to Work permit.
My question here is what is the validity of that business visa..and how much approximate time it will require to convert business visa into Work permit.
For how much time one can work on business visa in Saudi?
Is it legal to work on business visa in Saudi?? If I want to bring my wife with me what are the alternatives??? I am havingvery good job in India....Need your suggestion before resigning here in India...
Please guide me.....Waiting for you replies and suggestions before taking big decision.Thanks

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=64655

I think this post should give you sone information that you are looking for. just dont feel that everybody who had commented on this should be repeating themselves.. :)

If you have anything that is not discussed there, then just post it up.. Just go through the forum board, I am sure you will find some info on what you are looking for.

Cheers!

Hi intek.intek, welcome to Expat.com :)

Will the consultant be able to get the visa converted to work visa when I will be in KSA or I will have to return to India inorder to get my visa stamped.

if it possible when i am here  in KSA and stamp locally not leave the KINGDOm

Every visa issued to KSA has a validity and so is ur business visa. it can be extended as many times as possible provided ur employer can convince the visa office that u r needed here.

However to convert ur business visa into work visa, u need to go back and come to KSA again as it will be a fresh Visa.