How to make friends in the Minnesota

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in the Minnesota :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in the Minnesota??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I really I dont have any idea because I have been here for 1 year, and I dont have any friend here

I'm still trying!  I think it depends on where you live. I have managed to make friends with a lot of my neighbours, but I live in the city, in a gay friendly area, and not out in the 'burbs where all the families are.

I have a couple of friends from work, a couple from the gym... but generally this is a hard place to make friends. Everybody marries their childhood sweetheart, hangs out with their high school buddies, lives 5 miles from their parents and sees no need to expand their social circle.

Other transplants are the best bet for friends, nearly all of mine are from out of state.

plymouthgirl, you're only a few miles from me, feel free to say hello.

Hi there, i`m going there in a few month, i want to know some people there before i go...

hi I have been here for about 3 weeks ... people arevery friendly, I have been busy so I have not been trying to make friends ...
Just wanted to share...
Saleh

Hello,

Student in France, I have to come to Minneapolis in November for a training course of 9 months. I look for desperately an housing and I need your help. If you have possibilities of housing or corents as well as host families, I am interested.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Hello I'm french man and I would want to come in the minnesota. I would know if it easy to look for a job, I was marketing and sales manager in France at Lyon. I'm 40 years old.

Hi Gilles! :) You are a bit off topic here, as the title is " How to make friends in the Minnesota". Could you please start a new discussion on the Minnesota forum.

Thank you.
Christine

i am Traveling in Minnesota in August. i am going there for studies. to be exact, Minneapolis community and technical college, can i know and get in touch with a person that would be my friend,just friendship.you can a worker,student,parent etc. it do not matter.thanks.if you interested just write me okay.

Hello archie1989 and welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Aurélie

Making friends in Minnesota is very easy because Minnies are the friendliest people on the world.  Just invite someone out for a Jucy Lucy or take up a meat raffle and they'll say yes.

okay,i think you can lead the way.am coming there in august, be that first pal to meet when i come for studies okay.

You spelled Jucy Lucy correctly, so you must be a Matt's Bar aficionado. The last meal I had in Minneapolis was at Matt's. Been going there since they opened. What I wouldn't give for a Lucy and an order of those great fries, or a slab of Ted Cook's ribs. I was lucky enough to live with in a mile of both!
Stay Well
Neil
Ps. you're to young to remember, but that tacky, vinyl diamond patterned wall paper is original to the joint. How it's held up over all these years I'll never know, but the place wouldn't be the same with out it!

When I typed that I thought someone would try to correct my spelling, but I knew any Minnesotan would understand.

No one else tried to correct the spelling anyway.

The story got changed around a little over the years, but I knew Matt, and the truth was; he spelled it correctly, but the printer messed up printing the new menus. Matt got a discount on the price for the printing, and history was made.
Safe Travels,
Neil

I have found it incredibly hard to make friends here. I work with people way older than me who are married and have children, so I don't get to socialize with them.

Minneapolitans are very friendly.  It's in the state constitution.  Say hello to someone and they will say hello back.