Has Thailand levied restrictions on intake of Alien(s) for job(s)?

Hi,  I am Kedar residing in Bangkok since 2013. I have 13 years of experience in Contracts and Project Management in field of Oil and Gas, Power and Infrastructure. I am a Civil Engineer , with Master's in Structural Engineering, a Master's Degree in Business Administration (Finance) ,  a Master's Degree in Business Administration (Project Management), a Diploma in Contracts Management, a Post Graduate Diploma in International Commercial Law and a Master's Degree (LLM) in International Business Law. I am currently searching for new opportunity and when approached to the recruiting agencies in Thailand, the first question was about my Nationality rather than number of experience or   any job related questions. Later they informed that we only recruit Thais and your resume will be in our database ,if there is any further requirement .

Could you please assist /advise that Thailand has changed their regulations for Alien intake for job(s)? or is there any other unknown reason(s) ?

Thanks

There are many things that could be said about your question. I'll keep my response simple.

The military is in charge of the country right now. There was a referendum voted on last August that seemed to support that issue. Something might change down the road.

I know first hand that last October Immigration (the government) started making extensive changes with Immigration rules or laws, and many other things. They are getting very strict with regulations. As the months pass those regulations are becoming more strict. The change in those regulations are not exactly friendly to Farang's. In one of the other forums there is a long list of prohibited work for foreigners. You may be like many others who are caught within this transition stage.

That's one simple answer.

Thanks for your response, I read the "restricted jobs forum " however my designation /job list do not fall under that catogery, anyhow lets hope for the best!. I need to survive here !