Properties to purchase and to rent out in Malta

Please can someone assist me in where the best area would be to purchase an apartment for around € 100000 to rent out over certain times of the year and it would be used as a family vacation home for ourselves

Depends whether you want to be on Malta or Gozo.

So where would the best place be then

If you want a slower pace with a little more peace and quiet go for Gozo. As Gozo is so small, anywhere is convenient but I would avoid Xlendi and Marsalforn, both get very busy and noisy in the holiday season.

I don't know Malta as I rarely go there except to fly out!

Ray

Paice wrote:

Please can someone assist me in where the best area would be to purchase an apartment for around € 100000 to rent out over certain times of the year and it would be used as a family vacation home for ourselves

Have you visited Malta?

Foreigners can only buy primary residence properties until they were here 5 years.

Thanks Ray, really appreciate it. My mom , brother and I would like to sp, preferably close to the sea in Valletta.
That it's  really affordable and or self catering. We are looking at possibly purchasing an investment opportunity .
Would really appreciate any input and or assistance.

Kind regards

Quintin
xxx

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Do you know Valletta?
Also it's advisable not to put any contact numbers on here, you can send a private message.

Okay, thanks  No we don't know the place.  Could you make any suggestions?

Paice wrote:

Okay, thanks  No we don't know the place.  Could you make any suggestions?

Valletta is nice but very crowded, if you want to be close to it and the water you could try 'The Three Cities' somewhere like Birgu ( Vittoriosa ) but there are not many apartments, other than expensive ones!

Ray

You really need to come to Malta and Gozo for a holiday before considering purchasing a property, it's not to everybody's liking.

Thanks Ray, areally there people who you could refer us to purchase property?

Cheers

Quinrin

Paice wrote:

Thanks Ray, areally there people who you could refer us to purchase property?

Cheers

Quinrin

Best if someone who lives in Malta recommends agents rather than me as I only know the Gozo ones.
Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

Ray

I would check on the Maltese Government website to see what the situation is regarding non residents buying property here, it may not be allowed or may be restricted to EU citizens. Even if you are allowed to buy I am not sure that you can let the property as a non resident.

Ray