KITAS holder visa for wife

Hi

I have just recieved my KITAS in Indonesia and i also need to arrange a dependant visa for my wife

How much should i expect to pay for this?

I have been quoted $800 by the agent who arranged my KITAS for my company

Is it a complex process $800 seems too high

Many thanks

i should add - we are both european

Your wife's KITAS should really have been arranged by your company but nothing says they have to do it.
The price is a serious rip off as you can do it yourself a for around a million Rupiah.
I see your office is just around the corner from the main immigration office opposite Plaza Festival - just pop in and start the process.
If the lady is in the country with you at the moment, she might well have to fly out to Singapore or Malaysia to complete the process.

Tip - Take the original and copies of every document you have even if it seems like there is zero chance you'll need it.
That includes your KITAS and work permit, marriage certificate, both birth certificates, passports and so on.

Thanks Fred

Another question - is DIY as quick as using an agent?

I am aware she will have to pickup somewhere else as i did with my KITAS

Agents in the past had the power to speed up the process with 'lubrication' but immigration has cleaned up so all processes are followed by the book.
The upshot is, agents are useless most of the time unless you're very busy and can't do the running around. I also understand the applicant should now accompany the agent on every visit that requires speaking to an immigration officer, meaning their usefulness is even more limited.
If time is running out and assuming the lady entered on a non extendable free 30 day tourist visa, see if you can get a sosbud 60 day visa to give you the time you need to complete the process.
That should easily be enough.

Tip - When visiting immigration, wear long trousers and a shirt will collar or you might be refused service. A nice smile and a good attitude are essential as, even though things are very much by the book, how the officer reads that book might well change if you get stroppy.

There is a high likelihood the required forms and photocopies will change from visit to visit. Carry the original and a couple of spare photocopies of everything in a dedicated folder, and make sure you take everything to every visit, even when you don't think you'll need them.
When asked for the umteenth copy of something you didn't expect, isn't on the list of required documents and no one ever asked you for before, smile and get a copy made as quickly as possible.
That set of copies means everything for the lady and everything you gave for your application, including your degree certificate if available.

Hi. Just to be sure. From which country if I may ask cause some terms and conditions may apply for certain countries. As far as I know, the fee in the immigration for a KITAS is around $300 and when you applied for your KITAS, you should have had your wife's name written on the registration form. She should have automatically received it. I don't understand why you didn't unless you didn't specify that to your company that you're married.

Of course if you go through an agent that is referred by your company they will charge you more. I am currently trying to avoid the same matter. My husband is Canadian and I am from here. We're currently living in Bali and trying to apply for visa extension or KITAS ourselves even if it means taking 3-4 working days to process it. Because agents always take more from you. We once went to an agency and they quoted us for 1000$. We ended up doing it ourselves. If your KITAS has been done separately before your wife joined you here, my suggestion is to contact the nearest immigration office where you currently live and ask about VITAS 317 for the requirements to fulfill the application and fee or ask for the alternative to the VITAS 317. But if you don't feel like doing all the work then try to negotiate the price with the agency your company's with or compare with other agencies and go with the lowest one. I think you might be able to bring it to $500-600.

Good luck!
Cheers.
Jen.