Any ideas what monthly rent would be

I hope my fellow Aussies in Cairo or others can help me here. I am planning to reside in Cairo so I need to locate a 1 br furnished flat with balcony and air conditioned in Zamalek or Maadi. Any ideas what monthly rent would be and any one I can contact directly? Thanks for any help offered.

Here in cairo it depends on the area. this is what it cost. so it can go in between 2000-3000 pounds a month depending on how many rooms and if the apartment is furnished .

from 1,000 to 10,000 in either place both expensive cities

but they each have their beauty

call Usama Oraby    xxx

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details using the private message system.

Yeah I dont go though a realtor They charge unnecessary fees

Its better to get an unfurnished place and furnish it your self if you plan on staying,  but i guess if your not then rent one furnished.   Ive found the furnished places here in  cairo are ridiculous priced now

a relator will charge a months rent no more and you pay half and the owner pays half

then the owner will say another 100 for the water the lady to clean the stairs and the electric in the hall

then the owner will try to get another 100 just in case something goes wrong  you say no if any thing breaks I will fix

then you go to the government get the contract done and stamped because you will need it for your vise.....contract must be from the government the contract and the stamp

the 1997 law said you pay first and last and one month security ...but you are a foreigner so will try to get 3,000 or more down from you plus first and last

my area is Wedi Hof I pay 850 with a 10% increase every year but after the first year say you will move if you raise my rent and they most likely will not

what ever you pay an Egyptian will pay less so they will want you to stay

good luck