The best services to use when moving to Singapore

Hello everyone,

What were the biggest hurdles you faced when moving to Singapore? Were there any services available that helped?

Which services helped you most upon your arrival in Singapore? Were there any that helped you adapt and integrate in your new home?

Are there any services that you wished were available when you moved to Singapore?

Did you find the price of the different services available reasonable? Were there any that were overpriced, to your mind?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

Great to hear that you are moving to Singapore! To me personally, Singapore is a very great place to live may it be for work purposes or family allocation. Singapore is a well developed country; so in terms of education, medical services, and other facilities- what i can say is 'you don't have to worry'! hahah.

However, some products & services can be overpriced. But after staying here long enough you will be able to know where to get the best deal! from household products to food, there is always a place where you can find a cheaper version. Talk to more people about this. You can also PM me if you are looking for something specific with a reasonable price. I can share more with you :)

Another thing that you should plan for is your medical insurance as hospital bill can be EXTREMELY expensive here in Singapore! i got mine the moment i came 15 yrs ago. Do feel free to speak to me about this. I am a certified life planner in Singapore that help expatriates plan their medical insurance. You are guaranteed that you won't be charged overprice haha!

All the best on your preparation.

Looking forward to meet you in person.

Cheers,
Irene