The best services to use when moving to Cambodia

Hello everyone,

What were the biggest hurdles you faced when moving to Cambodia? Were there any services available that helped?

Which services helped you most upon your arrival in Cambodia? Were there any that helped you adapt and integrate in your new home?

Are there any services that you wished were available when you moved to Cambodia?

Did you find the price of the different services available reasonable? Were there any that were overpriced, to your mind?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What were the biggest hurdles you faced when moving to Cambodia? Were there any services available that helped?
- I can only refer to Phnom Penh since I've only lived there, but there were actually not that many hurdles. The only thing I really had to get used to was the lack of cultural activities (e.g. museums, exhibitions), however this has changed in the past few years.
MetaHouse, The Plantation, Java etc are great places for art lovers. There is always something to see.

Which services helped you most upon your arrival in Cambodia? Were there any that helped you adapt and integrate in your new home?
- I didn't use any services although I registered with another expat group online where I posted questions every now and then.
Phnom Penh is very international. You quickly meet people who can help you out.

Are there any services that you wished were available when you moved to Cambodia?
- I think it's more about which GOOD services were and weren't available when I moved to Cambodia.
To this day, the country is still in urgent need of good cleaning services. The current cleaning companies suck even more than the ones who work by/for themselves.
We furthermore need better laundry services that are also affordable. The laundry services of 4 and 5 star hotels in Phnom Penh are good but incredibly expensive.

Did you find the price of the different services available reasonable? Were there any that were overpriced, to your mind?
- Fees of both cleaning and laundry services are not reasonable.

biggest hurdles:
finding a decent apartment . after weeks of living in  crappy hotels to save money, Expert Reality (phnom penh) proved itself to be the only normal agency to work with, in particular Mr. De Dimanche Hour (which still works there so you might give it a try, he does an amazing job).

with regret, all services are over priced in cambodia, phnom penh if you compare them against the quality