Sea Land container homes

I have heard from numerous sources that  used sea land containers make excellent homes.  Was considering two or three, with one stacked atop the other two. 

Want enough room so i can get away from any of her family or friends that may be camping out.  From what I hear, if you marry a philippina you marry her family.  Don't mind helping them out but at some point will have to have some privacy to keep ones sanity.

Anyway, I hear they are inexpensive, easy to convert, and very sturdy during storms.

Any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanks in advance

In the years that I've lived here I've seen several places made from container vans. All were in Subic Bay and were quite nice, including a restaurant close to the yacht club. The container shipping companies there would likely be good places to acquire the needed used vans. I would suppose there would be places there also that do the conversions although I'm not familiar with them. Sure worth a look especially if you might like to live in the Subic area.

If you're careful, choose wisely, and set minimum standards for your marriage you don't need to marry or support the entire family. Best thing is to use the two island rule. Meaning live at least two islands away from the in-laws and extended family as well as learn how to say no.

Best Of Luck

Thanks for the update.  I'll probably be looking to locate somewhere other than Cebu.    Guess they could be trucked most anywhere. 

Considered putting utilities in concrete slab and work up from there. 

Thanks again

Container houses are a good idea.I m also looking for this for a while.There 2-3 companies in Manila that I can suggest for construction but I cannot guarantee anything.I dont have any relation with them.

I would also advise you to look for flat pack containers through alibaba.They are cheap and easy to install.

Feel free to send me PM so that I can give to the names of the companies.

Finally, you can try by yourself to build a container house, as the construction is relatively easy and cheap.Just pay attention to the insulation and in general the material you will use.In youtube you can find so many ideas.

Just be careful with the permissions and the paperwork needed in order to build a container house and of course the people that will be involved in the construction.

Good luck!

Good info.  Didn't consider permits but it's all a year or so away.  Guess everybody wants a finger in the pie.  Thanks for the help