Buying property

If I get a retired non citizen visa, am I able to buy any property (not RES or other schemes)? I want a house, freehold only. I'm thinking I can get a wider choice at lower prices if I don't need a residence permit. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

The only option outside the IRS and RES schemes is an apartment priced not less than MUR 6 million and located in a building of at least 2 levels above ground (G+2).

The same rule applies across the board for all types of permits.

Many thanks Winston.

Hi is this still the case.
If we come on noncitizen retirement permit, can we only buy in a G 2 or apartment, and what is the amount we need to buy for.
An example if an apartment is going for MUR 4'2 mil can we buy it or do we still have to buy for min MUR 6' mil.

As I know still 6M.

Find a Mauritian girl/woman and then you can buy it under her name anywhere on the island.
Do a deed with a solicitor whereby if you ever get separated then your share is protected and you can get your money back. Govt is not interested and many have used this as a back door to buy lands and houses near port louis and other areas.

Now the good old will tell you not possible, but if you enquire from local solicitors they will guide you in the right direction. Do not forget as long as you are willing to pay money everything is possible in Mauritius. It is Africa after all:).

you could also take a loot at my blog https://amrealtymauritius.com/residency … quisition/

I'm married so my wife would kill me... 😂

clarryodell wrote:

you could also take a loot at my blog https://amrealtymauritius.com/residency … quisition/

Rip off prices for non citizens if you really ask me. Not fair that the natives are being priced out of buying land and homes in their own country, because of policies of the corrupt and greedy politicians.
Everyone should be able to buy land or house anywhere on the island at a reasonable price, so both the country and the people benefit.

Rs6 Mil for a crappy flat. You must be having a laugh.

Good morning.
There seems to be a bit of contradictory information regarding that Non-citizens are not permitted to acquire plots of serviced residential land to build an individual house. Is this correct or can a non-citizen purchase SRL?

Non citizens can only buy ground  2 (must buy Rs 6 milj) or in a City housing scheme 375000US US$, or build a house on a piece of land in a scheme.375000US$ and above.
What sad is I want to be part of te country and its people not be forced to buy only in a scheme. It's like super rich vs ordinary people

no not correct there are many residency options - foreigners can buy for any amount in the smart city schemes. The $375 000 is for a specific residency option.  give me a call ***  will explain in more detail

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct