Review my plan

Okay so to start with some info, I'm an 18 year old Irish guy who has about 1 year of trade work/labour work. In about a month I'll be leaving for Rotterdam. I have a place lined up where I have about 90% of landing a job which pays about 2000 euro per month. I have been learning Dutch and I would consider myself capable of having basic conversation, although I can understand most casual talk. I will sign up for a temporary BSN until I score an apartment, then once I have my place sorted out I'll get a permanent one. Hoping to get an apartment in the Noord district for max 1000/month. My only worry is how will I get paid if I don't have a bank account at that time? You need a permanent BSN to get a bank account afaik. Apologies if this is all over the place and thanks for any assistance.

Also, I don't need hard facts. Facts are fine but I welcome any and all anecdotes!

Hi Fittberde and welcome to the Forum.

You get the BSN number from the Town Hall (Gemeente) where you live, to get it you need to provide one of the following:

1.  A rental/tenancy agreement (signed by both parties) or home purchase agreement; or, if lodging with someone: a copy of the main occupant's identity document and a declaration confirming that they give permission for the applicant to reside at the address.

2.  An employer's declaration of permitted official postal address (for applicants who have not yet found a permanent address and are therefore registering temporarily at the company address).

3. A declaration ‘place of residence' (for applicants who will be living in accommodation that has been rented by the employer).

Be careful when renting, some less scrupulous landlords who are trying to hide the rental from the Dutch tax-man, may not provide a rental/tenancy agreement - so check before you sign.

Hope this helps. :)