Oman Driving License

Dear all,

I am working in Oman now and I am having Qatar Automatic Valid Driving license as well as Expired Saudi Manual License.
I went to Exchange to Oman Driving license in ROP, they refused to change it as there is not automatic license in Oman for Men.

MY QUESTION IS: CAN I DRIVE YELLOW PLATE CAR IN OMAN WITH QATAR AUTOMATIC LICENSE?
IF YES WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE AND ANY LETTER REQUIRED FROM ROP? 
PLEASE ANSWER IF ANY ONE KNOWS.

THANKS

ABDUL

abdul13113 wrote:

MY QUESTION IS: CAN I DRIVE YELLOW PLATE CAR IN OMAN WITH QATAR AUTOMATIC LICENSE?

The answer is NO! ... If you have a Residence Permit in Oman, You need to have an Omani Driver's License to drive in Oman!

:(

Is there any driving school in sohar..

alkjds

yes, there is one driving school in Sohar.

Can somebody suggest a good driving trainer as one I had done 3-4 classes is now not responding at all (I have not given any advance as already read/came to know from people around). Should be one who takes people for the training in the CBD/MBD area. Thanks

Yes, you can drive with Qatari License....Plenty of people in my organization are using it...

I got Oman Driving license now.
I did road Test and passed  :)

You can complain to police, they will take action. do not worry.
Trainer will get 2000 OMR fine + 1 year jail as well.

One can drive with Qatari Driving License. What about Dubai Automatic?

Hi all.. i recently got oman driving license, anyone know is there any rule that for three months if u have some minor accident ur driving license will be cancelled, is there a rule in rop

It depends on how severe the incident is, for minor ones, you can escape with a fine.

What is the process to apply for the driving license over here in Oman can u please guide