Marraige Certificate Attestation

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what are the attestation procedures for Marraige Certificate to obtain family joining visa in Oman.

Thank you all,
Anand

Hi Anand Ranju,

A simple site search will yield all the information you are looking for ...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=355588

Dear Sumitran,

Thanks alot.

Regards,
Anand

First the original marriage certificate has to be notarized. Then attested by state home dept. Then apostile attestation from indian embassy. If u do apostile then it's not required to do the oman ministry of foriegn affairs attestation.

Hi shoby,

State home dept refers to concerd municipality in kerala? How.much will this take, inorder to get the marraige certificate atested

Regrds,
Anand

U need to go to secretariat trivandrum. Morning u deliver the certificate, then evening u will get it attested. Apostile will take around 15 working days. I had completed this exercise 20 days back.

Hi Shobby,

Thank you for the advise. Our corporation belongs to ekm, so we will get the marriage certificate from Ekm Corporation and once we receive the certificate we need to get the names changed in the passport  (how long the passport name change will take). Its only after these procedures we will go for Marriage certificate attestation/ Apostle Registration, right??

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Anand

Once you get your marriage certificate from eklm corporation get it attested from tvm secretariat and then the apostle.
Activities related to passport is no way related to marriage certificate attestation. But for safety you can keep copies of existing passports.

I hope you are not doing the big blunder of changing your spouse's surname with yours. It creates unnecessarily big confusions.  Well finally it's your personal call.

Just add your names as spouse, in each one's passport.. Passport name addition will take 10-15 days. but you can check whether fast tatkal options are available.

If already there is uae attestation for degree certificate and marriage certificate,  it is enough for Oman visa.  I have checked with r o p jawazaat

Is medical certificate from GAMCA needs to be Aposittle

No. The Originals need to be submitted.
At least when I got mine done, the PRO had taken it to relevant authorities. After processing the same was returned to me .

It would be pertinent to check with your PRO if there is a modification in the rule.

Thanks

I need to process my family visa as well.

I have attested my marriage certificate from india and I think I need to get attested from Oman also.

Also I have heard some of the new documents like Electric bill we need to submit, even our PRO Is not aware of this but my colleagues telling me to submit a copy of the electric bill. I am still searching for the answers.