Intend to Move to Germany

Hi,

Looking good advice to seattle in germany.  I have family and decided to live in Germany. currently we  are browsing to find guideline, what we have to do once we land in Germany.
what are day to day living expenses and how easy to find good I.T. job.

Thanks,

Hello Malik,

The path to enter and work in Germany on an IT professional work visa is lot more difficult ( since you need a job offer before landing in Germany).

A much easier way is to enroll in a two year master's degree course which is free for Pakistani nationals. After completion of course, you will be allowed to work for 18 months without requiring a permit. Once you find an employer, you will be issued a Blue  Card which allows you to travel in EU without any problem.

w.studying-in-germany.org

http://studyabroad.pk/guides/study-in-germany

Thank you riaz for your prompt reply.

let me check the link which you shared with me and i'll plan it accordingly.

Thanks,

Hi kmalikhan,

This is to inform you that your topic has been moved to the Germany forum as you previously posted on the wrong one.

I'd also invite you to have a look a the Living in Germany guide to find out all you need to know to relocate and live in Germany.

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

You said you have family in Germany. Then it might also be possible to get a dependent's visa for joining them (only works for first degree direct line relatives), which usually includes a work permit.

I have to question raizcdki's advice. Yes, as a non EU citizen you have to get a job offer to get a work visa. And for someone to hire a non-EU citizen they usually have to show that they didn't find anyone qualified from the EU. This means having specialized high demanded work skills. But IT is exactly such a field. If one already works in the field thus has a degree and experience then why would they want to spend 2 years studying? On a student visa you can only work part time at most so you would have to finance your family expenses in the meantime. What such a strategy might help with is to give one time to learn German. Some tech jobs might be available in English but the better German one speaks the more possibilities. Your best bet is to search for jobs online with Google.

Yes,

I could be wrong in suggesting priorities as to which path would be more fruitful.

May be it is because my advice is based on knowing a dozen of candidates who are now in Germany.

So it could be a good idea to search for an IT job on line for say 60 to 90 days and let us know the outcome. :)  Wishing you luck.

beppi wrote:

You said you have family in Germany. Then it might also be possible to get a dependent's visa for joining them (only works for first degree direct line relatives), which usually includes a work permit.

I read it as he has a family and wishes to bring them to Germany too?

I have the same query, I'm looking for a job in hospitality sector in Germany, and want to know the process and living cost

Kamal15 wrote:

I have the same query, I'm looking for a job in hospitality sector in Germany, and want to know the process and living cost

Then you have come to the right forum!
A lot of information is available and you may browse (or use the search function) for the many discussions already held.
If you then still have specific questions that were not addressed before, please come back and post them here, together with detailed information about your situation.

Thanks for your speedy reply