Employment visa finish

Hello Sir/Madam

I just wanna ask because my employment visa finish today and my boss told me I need to pay everyday 10ro for penalty because I got new job and my visa is not yet ready.Is it true that I need to pay everyday 10ro for penalty because somebody told me there's an extension one month no need to pay.I hope you can help.

thanks and godbless

Hi iancris28,

Yes, for employment visas to be renewed a one-month grace period is granted, by law.

The daily fine becomes applicable only post the expiry of this grace period. And also, the penalty goes to the government's coffers and not to any private individual or organisation.

Paying the penalty to the employer is unheard of. Am not sure what kind of an arrangement you have with your last employer. Whatever it is, it is obviously not something official, formal, or legal. So tread with caution.

Finally,  I trust you have your last employer's NOC in hand. And, some confirmation from your new employer that your new employment visa would indeed be ready soon.

thank you sooo much sir for the Information.Thank you for helping us to know the rules.