Leisure activities in Del coco

Hi
We are a Canadian couple with European roots. We love to travel and visit Europe almost every year. The last 3 winters we have spent in the Dominican Republic and we are wanting a change.
My husband is a retired police officer and I am a self employed landscaper so we have the winters off.
We are renting a condo in Del Coco beach for 2 months in 2018 and we are looking forward to our vacation
What kind of excursions should we do first? What's your favorite?

Angelique

Hi amesei,

This is to inform you that a new topic has been created using your post of the Costa Rica forum as you had previously posted on the wrong forum
Good luck. :)

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

While Playas del Coco is a nice place, there is not much activities that take place near the  town, except meeting many other Canadians and going out to eat and drink :par: .

You could head out to
Other nearby beaches
Go up to La Fortuna if you like the adventure-type activities and/or go up to Monteverde
Rioncon de lae viaja
Catarata Llanos del Cortés ( waterfall)
Africa safari

amesei wrote:

Hi
We are a Canadian couple with European roots. We love to travel and visit Europe almost every year. The last 3 winters we have spent in the Dominican Republic and we are wanting a change.
My husband is a retired police officer and I am a self employed landscaper so we have the winters off.
We are renting a condo in Del Coco beach for 2 months in 2018 and we are looking forward to our vacation
What kind of excursions should we do first? What's your favorite?

Angelique

Buenos dias Angelique!

I've been to both the DR and Haiti.  I think you will enjoy Costa Rica a lot.  (I'm assuming you haven't been here before.)  In comparison, I find Costa Rica to be friendlier and much cleaner.  (Before people jump on me for this statement, you'd need to visit the DR or Haiti to understand the comparison.  :D )  For the most part, it's also a lot safer here.

Keep in mind that Costa Rica is a small country which makes exploring it fun and easy.  There is labyrinth of roads of all kinds spiderwebbed throughout the country.  We've taken many trips where we just jump in the car or take the moto without any idea of where we're going.  Just grab a map and choose a direction.  There are cheap motels everywhere you go.  For me anyway, it's been a great way to explore the country and get to know the varied cultures within.

- Expat Dave

I live in playas del coco.  As has been already written, you will meet MANY MANY other Canadians in town.  MANY!

And as also has been written, this is a good place to use as a base to explore other places within a few hours drive.  Especially if you like beaches!