Living in Phuket on an Australian disability pension

Hello to all ,  I am looking for advice from any one who is living in Phuket and receiving an Australian DSP, on what requirements have to be met to enable them to live there whilst still receiving the dsp.
I have been told so many different things from Centrelink that I am at a loss as to what information I can trust.
I have been planning a 12 month stay in Nai Harn , have a permanent disability that disqualifies me from employment and although I have funds for the move, I would still be reliant on the pension for living expenses.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

You need to see Centrelink about getting Indefinite Portability of the DSP, they have a few hoops for you to jump through first.
If not you're only entitled to 4 weeks a year away paid but you can get up to another 13 weeks unpaid before you lose the pension and have to reapply.
Check this out.

http://dspoverseas.proboards.com/

Thanks so much . I spoke to Centrelink today and they are sending me the paperwork for portability of payment

Hi Lougav, I am in the same boat as you.
I will be watching these posts with interest.
I will also go to Centrelink and ask for the forms that you asked for.
I have also heard that dropping the Disability Pension and going on a Seniors Pension may be a way around a lot of hassles ????
Good luck, take care, Brian   :D:cheers:

Hi Brian , I will let you know how it all goes I am still waiting to receive the paperwork three weeks later, although I was advised that it could take up to a month to receive . They also stated that the whole process will take up to six months from the time of application.
I had heard the same thing that swapping to age pension would help, but as I am just 40 this won't work for me.
I will keep you up to date on how it all goes.
All the best Lou

Keep in mind that this involves a reassessment that could involve loss of the DSP if you fail to qualify under the legislative changes of 2012.
I'd definitely discuss this with an Australian Doctor before making the claim.

Hi Lou, thanks 4 ur reply. After  chatting with u yesterday, I hopped on my little mobility scooter and raced off to Centrelink, asking about the forms u mentioned.
I was advised by them to transfer to seniors pension. I will not lose out, money wise.
I am 65 and can understand ur reason for not being able to do this.
By the way, I have just heard from a mate, that if u have a good doctor, and he confirms ur disability, with certificates etc, u will be able to keep disability pension and still live overseas. Don't know how accurate this info is, mayb worth a try.
Good luck and i will keep watch the posts and if i get any info i will contact u
Take care, Brian.   :D:cheers:

That's good to hear Brian, I have already spoken with my Dr and he is the one who started me on this track. I Have C.P.T.S.D (complex post traumatic stress disorder) there are no real ways to treat the problem only the symptoms of, so we want to see if changing environment helps. So I definitely don't have the worry of not meeting the assessment criteria.
Please keep me posted would love to know how you go?

Age requirements for the Age Pension. To be eligible for the age pension, you must be 65 years or older, regardless of whether you're male or female. From 1 July 2017, the qualifying age will increase to 65 years and six months. The qualify age will increase by six months every two years, to 67 years by 1 July 2023.

Australian Age Pension Eligibility Requirements and Information

https://www.finder.com.au/australian-ag … quirements

Thanks for the reply Lou, I am happy to hear that the " ball is rolling " for you.
I have two operations to get over in the near future. After that I can start making positive decisions as to when I can move.
I will keep you posted as any more news becomes available.
Many thanks and take care, Brian    :D:cheers:

Just a quick update , I received all paperwork from Centrelink regarding  portability of payment for DSP.
Now just waiting on Jca appointment and decision.
Hopefully we can have it resolved by Christmas

Good Luck.

Hey mate did you get your Indefinate portability?