International Shipping from Tunisia

How is the postal service in Tunisia? I'm trying to ship one or two packages of souvenirs/gifts from Djerba to friends living in Canada and Hong Kong. What are my options and how much would it cost? Thanks!

Don't trust the postal service.  If you want to send something o'seas then I advise to use Fedex.  It's cheap from here, it will get there!  Always get the receipt with the tracking number.

Thanks Tunisiandolly for your advice. I haven't seen any Fedex offices in Djerba. Do they have offices throughout Tunisia? Or can I call them up to arrange a package pickup? Thanks!

The 'express' postal services are usually contained in the post office.  there is a special window to go to and they will give you the appropriate size envelope to address.

I use Rapid Post and whatever I am sending usually makes its destination in about a week to North America. They have a tracking number also. I sent some papers that needed to be there asap and they arrived pretty quickly. Don't make the same mistake that I did with the numbers. Here a 7 is crossed and a 1 looks like a 7. It caused a lot of confusion.