Absolutely anything else

I will be sitting down soon to write a big long post about what to expect when coming over to look for a property. It may take me a few days, but it is coming. I will touch on other related issues in the post.

Thanks Rey.  That's actually great.

In case you are all wondering, I hid the post from the guy in Costa Rica asking for dates and posting his personal email. He has been banned also on a temporary bases until the forum moderators review his post, after which he will likely be permanently banned.

The other individual I banned recently I was told has been permanently banned. Not sure why, I am guessing that maybe they did not liked the way he responded to the moderators when they approached him.

We are lucky here in the 18 months or so that I been a member I only seen about 3 dating related posts in the PR forum. I meet regularly with the advisors and experts of other countries and most have a serious issue with it with several undesirable posts on a daily bases. Fingers crossed, I just Jinxed it.

Are there going to be anymore expat meets?

BearNVa wrote:

Are there going to be anymore expat meets?

That is up to you guys. There is nothing keeping you from organizing one and inviting in island members and new members.

Set it up

Hmmm...okay, so it was in the East last time, so.......

Sorry guys, I can't come to PR right now, you all can meet and party.

Sounds like a good idea.  We would be interested when we get back, but that is several months away.

This recipe looks good to me, I will translate the ingredients and leave the rest for you: https://www.elnuevodia.com/estilosdevid … o-2331040/

Ingredients
·       1/2 libra de pulpo -- 1/2 point Octopus
·       3 pimiento de colores -- 3 peppers multiple colors
·       1 cebolla pequeña lila -- A small red / purple onion
·       1 cucharadita de ají picante -- 1 teaspoon of red pepper (for heat)
·       1 cucharadita de ajo molido -- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste (but I recommend fresh from the pillon)
·       1 macito de cilantro -- A bunch of Cilantro, more or less to taste
·       Sal y pimienta -- Salt and black pepper to taste
·       3 cucharadas de aceite de oliva -- 3 tablespoons of Virgin Olive Oil
·       1 cucharada de vinagre de jerez -- 1 Tablespoon of Sherry vinegar

PS the video show lemon Juice but is not in the list, since it is missing from the list, I recommend you add 1/2 lemon to the mix and see if it needs more. Should have lemony taste.

Some recipes also call for a tablespoon of capers and some add 1 bay leaf drive or fresh
If you do not like octopus you can use Carrucho or cooked shrimp or a mix of all 3.

For you who are not currently in Puerto Rico: It is mango season. I swear it is raining mangoes every night.

frogrock wrote:

For you who are not currently in Puerto Rico: It is mango season. I swear it is raining mangoes every night.

Oh man...you had to bring that up.  I'm going through withdrawl

Yes - that is one thing I miss dearly about PR - we had several productive trees in our neighborhood. That and the coffee :)

Sitka wrote:
frogrock wrote:

Oh man...you had to bring that up.  I'm going through withdrawl

I am collecting 3-4 bags of mangoes a day! So far the horse next door is benefiting from them.

If you want some come and get it! I will even trow in a mapen or two!  :D

frogrock wrote:

I have 2 huge mango trees in my property, the ground must be covered, take what you want!!!

ReyP wrote:

I will be sitting down soon to write a big long post about what to expect when coming over to look for a property. It may take me a few days, but it is coming. I will touch on other related issues in the post.

Hi Rey,

Have you written this post yet? I am looking forward to reading it and using it to add bullet points when we start the house hunting process.

ravenmickey wrote:
ReyP wrote:

Hi Rey,

Have you written this post yet? I am looking forward to reading it and using it to add bullet points when we start the house hunting process.

Yes it is titled: Why Realtors won't return your calls or emails.  A slyly different copy is also posted as an article Under Manu: Handy Tools/ Expat guide menu along with another about renting. See accommodations under Menu Handy Tools/ Expat Guide
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/central- … erto-rico/

Wow over 24 hours with out anybody posting anything is close to a record.

Well, the weather in the island is great. Looking forward to the weekend!!  :cool:

Expat gathering -

I think a regular gathering is a great idea.

When I was in Moscow in the 90,s, there was a regular monthly time to meet at a particular pub.  Those who could make it came.  After a while, it was a regular event with a great group. 

I would nominate the Brass Cactus (already large;y an expat bar) in Luquillo on the first Monday of the month - just an idea to start the conversation.  Open to any other ideas. 

Other suggestions?

That is a great place for those on the east side. I held mine there also.

Might be a bit far for some of the folks on the west side (especially if rum is involved )   :D

You can always hold one on each side of the island or do a teleconference party.

Good Idea to alternate east-west -  Maybe somewhere in Dorado.  But it should be regular places that don't require a lot of thought.  It's hard to remember with all that rum :-)

Take a look at the menu on top of the web page, Under Community, select Event, in that page create an event, that is all it takes. Then post a message about it so current members know and we go from there. We can inform new members and those visiting the island when they post for the first time.

Members in each part of the island can create one. Set it to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th week of the month. If each part of the island picks a different week, you may get members from another part of the island from time to time.

How is that?

PS count on me next time I am in PR if I am there the correct week, at least for the east of the island.

great tips!  on my list when we return in the fall.