Motorbike waterproofs in Da Nang?

Hi everyone,

Could someone please let me know of a suitable shop in Da Nang (even better Hoi An) where I could purchase some waterproofs to keep me dry when I am on my motorbike? 

I am 6'3" 102 kg so don't expect there will be to many places about.

I may have to go into ebay.....

Thanks in advance,
Rob

The panchos that you see everyone wearing seem a more sensible and flexible solution.  They can cover your backpack or other small articles placed between your legs which a suit will not.    Also they fold and store under your seat.  You can also use them to obscure your headlight at night which never seems to bother most Vietnamese.  :cheers:

Panchos work very well work very well on any of the step through bikes as your legs are protected by the foot well.
You might still need a pair of waterproof trousers in extremely heavy rain or when the wind gets up a bit, especially on a PCX as your knees will stick out a bit more than on the smaller scooters.

Thanks folks - I will put that on my list.

I went searching for Oasis Danang Helmets today - could not find them - not sure if they are still going.  I tried there telephone # a few times with no luck.

Cheers, Rob

RobJh wrote:

I tried there telephone # a few times with no luck.

A good general rule in Vietnam whether seeking visas, helmets, jobs, or anything else is to go in person.  It's more than language, telephone service in Vietnam is generally poor, even, or maybe especially, on dedicated English lines.  Not picking up at all is simply the far end of that part of the spectrum.