Moving to Gib next month…

Hi

I've been offered a good job at one of the big gaming companies in gib and after doing some research it looks like the move won't be as simple as I first thought…

I want to live in Spain but while I find my bearings I want to be as close to gib as possible. After reading some reviews about la linea I don't feel comfortable with me and my girlfriend living there, is la linea really as bad as it's made out? (We've only been to gib once and it was a few years ago but we never paid much attention to la linear)

So I'll probably live in gib for 6 months, I've found some nice apartments for around £1300 a month,are bills included in any of these apartments? And if not how much roughly should budget for them?
Also I want to bring my dog over too, how are landlords in gib with pets?

If any one has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sam

In my block there are many pet dogs of all  sizes.  Electric and water are extra, with inital connection charges.  Once connected I pay about £35 a month combined for both utilities.

Once here you can get a residents permit and then the busses are free in Gibraltar. I have been here five months and still waiting on the permit.

Regards

Hi, La Linea has a bad reputation but I know people living there who haven't had any problems. I go regularly shopping and feel safe. Just use the usual awareness of your surroundings. The rents in Gibraltar are higher and don't usually include utilities. I pay around £15 for water, £70 for electric, £12 for rates (there isn't council tax here) and £60 for phone and internet. Good Luck!